Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default New Here from WV

New to Fly Fishing but not fishing. Living in WV again after 20 years in Ohio, didn't do alot of fishing in Ohio. Born and raised in WV and a stream is where I fished all the time with a open face or bait caster. Got a Fly outfit for my birthday and I love it . Now I need to learn the ins and out of it, and the best is to read and read more. Anyone from WV and know where the best streams are?

Blog Entries

Default Re: New Here from WV

on the forum...and in the wonderful world of flyfishing

Welcome to the best site around you'll learn alot here from everyone and ask questions on anything your not sure on

vince

Welcome to the forums... I'm new around here too as well as a noob to fly fishing... This site is loaded with information and I've found many great answers to questions without even asking them...

Bullseye,

Great to have ya. The Mountaineer state needs more reppin'.

Where to go? Depends on where you are and what you're after.

For trout, try the North Fork of the South Branch of the Shendandoah, around Cabins or Seneca Rocks. The Cranberry is good and so is the Elk.

The Greenbriar and New Rivers are excellent for smallmouth and carp. I fished some of that around the Hinton area.

Some of the lakes I've fished are pretty good, too. The Burnsville Lake in Braxton county and Stonewall Jackson in Lewis county. My dad's from that area, so I know it pretty well.

Hope this helps.
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    What manner of jackassery will I be subjected to today?

Welcome to the Forum...Great People here...

Dan

Hi bullseye,

Welcome to the forum. You will find the Search tool will locate a lot of information for you. You can also go to the tackle forums and read through the threads that interest you. I hope you enjoy your time on NAFFF.

Frank

Blog Entries

bullseye: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing. Don't be afraid to ask questions, there are a lot of nice folks on this forum that are more than willing to help you. We look forward to your participation on the forum and hearing about the fishing in WV.

Larry

Bullseye welcome to the forum, you should have a ton of great fishing in WV.

Browse through some of the older threads on this site and take a look at the FAQ section. And feel free to ask questions --- lot's of folks here that can help get you started.

As far as where to go in WV, it's been awhile but there was a really nice rainbow in a pool at Seneca Creek Campground in 1973. It should be really big by now

mark
    Mark

10. Default Re: New Here from WV

Thanks everyone, I'm in Morgantown, WV. So most is only one to four hours away. I plan on having some fun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast