Hello from Central Florida

RookieBob

Reaction score
Hello there from Cocoa, Fl., new member who is trying to get into fly fishing, but not really sure I will get a chance. I planned a vacation to Cherokee, N.C. for the second week in May. After reading about all the activities and places to go in that area, I got to thinking about fly fishing for trout. Seems to be a big thing up there. I have fished in the past, just not much since moving here to central Florida. I sold my boat before moving here and just didn't get around to buying a new one so the fishing opportunities were scarce. The more I looked into fly fishing, the more I decided it would be good in Cherokee, but not so good around here. I have no interest in catching bream around here, bass fishing requires a boat, so does the Redfish which is getting ready to be regulated away. I am still trying to get interested, thought maybe I should lurk around here for a while, might just pick up some more info or maybe a rod. I am still going to Cherokee, thought I might get my son interested in fishing, but he is only four, I might not be too successful. But we will give it a try while we are up there.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Bob,

This is as good a place to lurk as any. By searching through the threads you may find many an interesting piece of info. To do this simply look to the right margin of the board and see the category / forum listed such as "General Discussion" etc. Clicking on a forum will give you access to all threads and posts in any specific area of interest you may have. Or........if you use the 'Forums' header on the tool bar and then scroll down you can find all forums listed there including Regional Forums where you can focus your time.

One more thing to consider, a four year year old would probably be fine with catching Brim and Pumkinseed for the day. Just a thought....................

Welcome to the group,

Ard

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi RookieBob,

Welcome to the forum. You don't have to go all the way to N.C. for Trout. There is Trout fishing in Northern Georgia.

Frank

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Rookiebob-

Welcome to the forum-- feel free to browse around and ask questions. Lot's of friendly folks that can help get you started.