Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: hello

Default hello

Hello All,
    I am a long time saltwater fly guy that is just starting to stumble around trout rivers I currently live in N. Fairfield cty Ct. and frequently fish off of Watch Hill RI. My backround includes 9 years as a fly fishing/ light tackle guide out of Islamorada Fl. and alot of other messing about in boats.
    Looking forward to shareing info and learning more about those fickle little trouts.

Blog Entries

Default Re: hello

Welcome aboard Ken,

Lots of people from all over the country (and some from Europe) that are always willing to write and to share. Hope you find this to be a very useful learning tool.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

okuma Guest

Welcome to the sight. Best I've ever been on yet!

Blog Entries

Ken: Welcome aboard! Looking forward to reading about your fishing exploits!

Larry
    Larry

Ken welcome to the forum-- it must have been tough to leave Islamorada - at least from a fishing standpoint, but we have lots of SW fishing to be had up here too for stripers, and there's some great fly fishing for trout in CT-- keep an eye out for CT member Riptide's posts. He's from CT and does a lot of fly fishing throughout New England in both fresh and salt.
    Mark

Hi Ken
    I missed out on going to Napatree yesterday, but next Monday the plan is to hit Ninigret in the kayaks
    Full moon = worm hatch
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

Ken! I look forward to seeing your posts and hopefully some pictures of the trout you catch.
    -Tom Wilson
    Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.

Welcome to the forum Ken, lot of good folks on board here. Always interested in reading stories about the exploits of others here.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.