Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Another Rhode Islander

1. Default Another Rhode Islander

Greetings- I see I am not the only Rhode Islander here! I am new to fly fishing this summer, and have been trying out the Wood River, which has been great. I also spend a couple of weeks in Montana each summer, and fish in the Red Lodge area. Got my fly rod out there at the beginning of this summer, but the waters were crazy high this year.

I will probably get into saltwater at some point, but for right now I am concentrating on trout so I can eventually fish some of the bigger rivers out west.

Cheers!

Rob

Default Re: Another Rhode Islander

Welcome aboard wetboot
    I am sure that there are many fly anglers living around your neck of woods. I actually planned to go fishing near the upper NY this summer but did not work. I know that you may find some guys here chasing after striped bass with fly rod.
    Good luck.

Welcome to the sport and the obsession.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Hey Wetboot welcome to the forum-- glad you found us. There is some truly excellent striper fishing up your way, and it's hopefully going to get a lot better in a few weeks as the bait starts moving in Sept-- soooo you may want to move up your plans
    Mark

5. Default Re: Another Rhode Islander

Thanks everyone! Glad to be here, looks like a really great forum- hopefully I will be able to contribute at some point, too.

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    soooo you may want to move up your plans
    Yep it's not for lack of desire, though. Budget is driving my gear acquisition right now, and I chose freshwater to start!

Blog Entries

wetboot....funny aka

Welcome to the forum!
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)