Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New to fly fishing

Hello, all! I'm new and don't know much about fly fishing. But, I'm here to learn all I can. I hope to learn enough to contribute information, someday.

Default Re: New to fly fishing

Welcome to the board,

Seems like you are in a perfect place to learn fly fishing. There is a fly shop called the Leland Fly shop which I believe is associated with the Golden Gate Angling and Casting club. I am planning to go there to learn more about casting soon.

I also look forward to your contributions to this board. Your fishing stories in your neck of woods help us learn more about fly fishing.

Tight lines

Blog Entries

I just dumped a in your Sf bay thread, but I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum. There is a whole lot of useful knowledge and experience wrapped up in here, coming from a lot of great people! As far as contributing... I still haven't contributed and I've made several hundred posts so I'm setting a pretty low bar here

Also, I second what TX is saying about Leland, they seem to be quite the institution, and you can't argue with the club being one heck of a resource. I believe another member on here said their dues are somewhere in the 30-40 dollar/yr ballpark?
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Welcome from an american living in northwest england to an american angler living in a lovely area.

okuma Guest

Just remember we were all new at one time, you will be fine. Welcome aboard!

Thank you, all, for the warm welcome. Today is the day I try to cast my first fly.

Quote Originally Posted by alfgraphics View Post
    Thank you, all, for the warm welcome. Today is the day I try to cast my first fly.
    Before you cast that first fly, pinch the barb down and put on some safety glasses and a hat.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

from across the pondgreat forum and great people here

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Before you cast that first fly, pinch the barb down and put on some safety glasses and a hat.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
    LOL! I'll definitely be careful with the flying hooks.

Welcome to the forum! Great people here, you will learn a lot and we can learn from you as well!
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast