Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Fresno Cali!

Default Hello from Fresno Cali!

I've been one of the lurking members for a few months learning from the many accomplished and knowledgeable people on the Fly Fishing forum so I thought it was about time I introduced myself...
    My name is Mario I'm 54 years old have a nursery plant and a young Pistachio orchard just outside Fresno that keeps me quite busy.
    I always enjoyed using flies since I was a kid and spin casting so I decided to become serious and combine the two this year.Been doing lots of practicing,neighbors must think I am insane fishing in my Pistachio orchard.
    Ive been out fishing once so far this year but plan to again soon as my work winds down and the weather cools a bit in the valley,
    Have a Sage Bass rod I got a few months back on sell and a second hand 5 weight trout rod too.My casting has improved since Ive been on this site and its made me more confident of my ability so I just wanted to thank everyone for their help.
    Best regards,
    Mario

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello from Fresno Cali!

Mario.Hope to read some reports and see some pics soon

Mario.
    You have a good Fly Fishing Club there in Fresno too. I attended some meetings when I lived up there.

Thanks for the post Mario, we always enjoy hearing from new members. Have you picked out a river or stream to the fly rod on yet? As jpbfly said, we want to hear about your first trip and if possible see some pics.

It is always trying the first time or two on the water with a fly rod, so please remember to wear eye protection and a hat.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Hey Mario welcome to the board-- feel free to make yourself at home hete and ask questions if you've got 'em lot's of folks helpful folks here that are happy to share their knowledge ands experience.

And as Dave said-- we'd all enjoy hearing about your adventures, so keep us posted.
    Mark

Welcome Mario-from an american living on the Other side of the Atlantic!

Blog Entries

welcome to the forum mario!
    looking forward to hearing about your future fly fishing adventures

casey

ps - i love me some 'stacios

ARFE

Blog Entries

Hey Mario, welcome to the board! milt.

Everyone, Thanks for the kind welcome! You make this a great place to be a part of.
    I will try to post some pictures from my next fishing trip.I've never caught a fish using a fly rod before so I'm looking forward to it.
    My first trip this year was in June,in 105 degree heat and there was so much brush thick with thorns near some ponds I was fishing for bass,It was a bit demoralizing never got a bite... But I'm not deterred

Best regards!
    Mario

Blog Entries

Welcome Lurker

I hope you will keep posting now and then so we know that you're still here. Good to have you on the board Mario,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast