Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Default Brand spankin' new!

I guess I'm what you guys would call a beginner fly fisherman. Although, I don't even own a rod and reel yet. For that matter, I've never even been fly fishing or know anyone that has. I'm planning on taking a little trip over to Arkansas this weekend and give it a go. I watch a lot of Fly Fishing America, read a couple of books, trolled these forums and now I'm ready to try my hand at it. I do realize that simply reading up on the subject doesn't really mean squat until I actually get out there and do it.

Anyway, I can't wait to get back and let you guys know how everything went. I'm sure it'll be quite comical!

Default Re: Brand spankin' new!

Welcome to the group! There may not be any great trout streams within blocks of Beale, but you have some GREAT trout fishing within a reasonable drive. Besides the stuff in the Ozark area, I'm told there's some good river fishing near Jackson, TN as well.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

3. Default Re: Brand spankin' new!

I can get to the White River in 3 hours or so, but Jackson is about half that. Do you know of any good online resources for the Jackson area?

Default Re: Brand spankin' new!

Based on the quick research I just did, I recalled wrong or was told a fib. I would just look for any creeks or streams that aren't muddy-bottomed, and any ponds that offer enough room to cast.

Or you could launch a float tube into the big river and see if you can get one of those monster leaping carp to tow you around. (ONLY KIDDING, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OF ATTEMPTING THIS!)
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.