Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello All

1. Default Hello All

Hello,

I would to begin fly fishing and I joined this forum hoping to find information about how to select and employ tackle.

I am not sure just yet that I want to pay for the Orvis course.

I have ever fly fished so I am afraid I will be taking more infrmation from these forums than I am contributing to them.

I look forward to chating with you.

John

Default Re: Hello All

Welcome to the group! We're glad you came here to learn.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Default Re: Hello All

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum. Are you considering one of the Orvis Fishing schools? We have lots of opinions on how to select tackle.

Frank

4. Default Re: Hello All

I considered one of the Orvis schools but I wanted to do some reading and ask folks some questions before I plunked down $450 for a school. I would also like to think that I can get a decent setup for a beginner at less than Orvis prices.

What is the appropriate forum to ask equipment/newbie questions?

Thanks for the welcome,

John

5. Default Re: Hello All

Welcome aboard. Before you pay out $450 for Orvis course, consider getting Joan Wulff's "Dynamics of Casting". It is available from Orvis for $24.95. Joan Wulff is one of the premier fly casters of all times. She learned from Lee Wulff who was the greatest. I saw a video of Lee casting into heavy water and catching an Atlantic salmon using only the tip section of a bamboo fly rod.