New from Minnesota

ted4887

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm an avid 25 year old fly fisherman from the Driftless Area of southeast Minnesota. I love the site so far. I actually came here a few months back browsing rod reviews, but now find myself looking at everything. There is a ton of great info and very accommodating people on here by the looks of it. Look forward to reading future posts.

My newest research on this site is going to be finding some information for a solo trip out to the Yellowstone area.

ted4887

Reaction score
Thanks.

I haven't been up that far in a few years. The last time I was up there I was ice fishing with a few friends out a resort I believe is called Zippels or Zippers? I can't remember the exact name, but it was something like that I believe. I hate ice fishing, and generally figure my time is much better spent on a spring creek down here. I do love that part of the state though. What do you generally target up there? Smallmouth, northern?

Guest1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada bor
Thanks.

What do you generally target up there? Smallmouth, northern?
All of them. Oh and it's Zipple Bay Resort. I like the owners. Nice people. Nick and Deanne Painovich, (may be spelled wrong). We have a lot of really big fish up here. Not so much in the Trout department. For that I generally head to the North Shore of Lake Superior. They have big ones there. Just a few from this year;

:welcomean Ted;):secret:Dan targets everything that moves:D
Why yes, yes I do......:D

ted4887

Reaction score
Wow, great stuff Diver Dan. I might need to make a conscious effort to leave the spring creeks and hop up there next season. That's a longgggggggggg drive though.