Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Greetings From Jacksonville

1. Default Greetings From Jacksonville

I just picked up my first fly rod this fall. Hopefully I'll actually get to catch something with it this weekend. I'm still working on casting, though, so I'm not holding my breath.

My son (6) and I are Team Fishbusters. I came up with it as a way to encourage him to fish. He loves slaying the bluegill in the retention pond across the street and I want to do everything I can to keep the fire lit.

Sometimes I tend to put the cart before the horse so I've been tying flies like a madman. Maybe one day I'll get to see if they actually work.

I also enjoy hiking and consider myself an avid hiker. My goal is to merge the two hobbies as I get further along the AT

Blog Entries

Default Re: Greetings From Jacksonville

team_fishbusters: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! You will have great fun fishing with your son. By the way I love the username you came up with.

Larry
    Larry

3. Default

Thanks Larry. I hope to have some shirts made up for us. :-)

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

Blog Entries

That's cool Team, the shirts will be a hit with your boy for sure. Welcome to the forum and I'm sure your flies will catch fish

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Welcome to the forum Teamfishbusters

One small tidbit of info that will help you enjoy the sport more. Learn to enjoy the art of the cast and presentation, seek those moments when the fly lays out and flutters softly down to the water. As your casting improves, so will the distraction of fish striking at your fly.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum! My cart is several miles away and I have yet to purchase the horses, so don't feel alone on that one! Granted, I get to fish sometimes but I tie a whole lot more than I fish! I'm sure the team will be doing plenty of fishbusting soon enough! Looking forward to seeing photos of the team's adventures and of your ties!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...