A warmwater welcome from NW Ohio!

jhammer

Reaction score
Hello folks! I've been a member on several other fly fishing forums quite a while now and then I came across this place. It seems like a large place with a lot of nice folks. I already posted some of my pictures in the warmwater section.

I hail from NW Ohio. No pristine trout streams here :eek:.

I fish a lot of small creeks, ponds, and lakes around here, but I mostly fish several nice and muddy rivers that will challenge any man with a fly rod. The Maumee River is really popular for it's walleye and white bass run every year, but when the crowds go away, I bust out the fly rod!

(However, I do make a couple of special trips for white bass on the fly.)

Anyway, I hope to talk more with some of you folks sometime and tight lines! :D

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Hammer,

I believe you'll find loads of info and great posters here. We have plenty of members in your area also so maybe you'll get to meet some more fly fishermen.

Ard

caseywise

Reaction score
welcome to the forum jhammer:welcome:
i was just looking at your pics you posted on the warm water forum....nice job:thumbsup:
good luck on the ohio slam btw;)

casey

jhammer

Reaction score
Did someone mention...whitebass?;):welcome:
They have a massive spawning run on the Maumee River here in May. I usually make a 30-40 min. trip NE to Grand Rapids, Ohio and chase them around. :thumbsup:

webrx

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I graduated from Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio. You anywhere near there?

d

jhammer

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, I graduated from Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio. You anywhere near there?

d
Yup! I'm in Defiance. I've made many trips to Lima Shawnee in high school. I was a band geek. :rolleyes:

EXPATRIATE

Reaction score
Cut my fly rod teeth so to speak on bass, crappies, sunfish, perch and chub in eastern South Dakota many moons ago-no trout streams there either. Caught my first white bass on spinning gear in the Missouri River in western South Dakota when I was over there last year and would love to rtry them on fly gear. For some reason no one here in the uk wants to introduce bass into their waters which is a damned shame as there are plenty in the sea that saltwater fly fishers love to go for!