Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Talking A warmwater welcome from NW Ohio!

Hello folks! I've been a member on several other fly fishing forums quite a while now and then I came across this place. It seems like a large place with a lot of nice folks. I already posted some of my pictures in the warmwater section.

I hail from NW Ohio. No pristine trout streams here .

I fish a lot of small creeks, ponds, and lakes around here, but I mostly fish several nice and muddy rivers that will challenge any man with a fly rod. The Maumee River is really popular for it's walleye and white bass run every year, but when the crowds go away, I bust out the fly rod!

(However, I do make a couple of special trips for white bass on the fly.)

Anyway, I hope to talk more with some of you folks sometime and tight lines!

Blog Entries

Default Re: A warmwater welcome from NW Ohio!

Welcome Hammer,

I believe you'll find loads of info and great posters here. We have plenty of members in your area also so maybe you'll get to meet some more fly fishermen.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

welcome to the forum jhammer
    i was just looking at your pics you posted on the warm water forum....nice job
    good luck on the ohio slam btw

casey

ARFE

okuma Guest

Did someone mention...whitebass?

Welcome to the forum Jhammer, looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by okuma View Post
    Did someone mention...whitebass?
    They have a massive spawning run on the Maumee River here in May. I usually make a 30-40 min. trip NE to Grand Rapids, Ohio and chase them around.

Welcome to the forum, I graduated from Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio. You anywhere near there?

d
    ex·pe·ri·ence noun \ik-ˈspir-ē-ən(t)s\

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by webrx View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I graduated from Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio. You anywhere near there?

d
    Yup! I'm in Defiance. I've made many trips to Lima Shawnee in high school. I was a band geek.

Cut my fly rod teeth so to speak on bass, crappies, sunfish, perch and chub in eastern South Dakota many moons ago-no trout streams there either. Caught my first white bass on spinning gear in the Missouri River in western South Dakota when I was over there last year and would love to rtry them on fly gear. For some reason no one here in the uk wants to introduce bass into their waters which is a damned shame as there are plenty in the sea that saltwater fly fishers love to go for!
    The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!

Welcome to the forum Hammer-- great warmwater pics!
    Mark