Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Hello from Illinois

Been a member for a couple months and have been lurking, but enough with that.

I'm a college student from Illinois, attending Illinois State University. I do most of my trout fishing in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, my carp fishing on the flats of Door County, and my smallmouth fishing in local rivers around home. I hope to move out west after school where the fishing and the skiing is better, but for now, I'll make the best of what I got here.

That seems about it, tight lines

Joe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello from Illinois

Hi JK,

Welcome out of the shadows to the world of posting.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Greetings from another Driftless Area fisherman. Lots of good information to be found here.

Blog Entries

Hey jk, welcome to the board. I am a former midwesterner who moved out west and found better skiing, the fishing... well, it's just different. Easier to grow fish than mountains I guess. milt.

Blog Entries

Joe: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your fishing adventures, be sure to post about your exploits on the water, we would love to hear about them. We have a number of members who fish the driftless area, you can use the search feature to read more about what has been posted in the past. I can't blame you for wanting to get out west, I'm in Wyoming and just love all the water we have out here to fish.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Welcome Joe! My family does its annual family reunion in Door County, I love that area! Where is the ILSU campus? I'll be in Peoria in early January.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Quote Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
    Welcome Joe! My family does its annual family reunion in Door County, I love that area! Where is the ILSU campus? I'll be in Peoria in early January.
    Well do yourself a favor and get out on those flats and cast to some golden bones . ISU is about 45 minutes east of Peoria, real close, not much in the way of fishing though.
    "Don't burn the day away" - Dave Matthews Band

Welcome Joe-- glad you're posting. As mentioned we have a bunch of folks that fish the Driftless area -- we also have a bunch of folks that chase steelhead all winter in the midwest so if you ever have a desire to spend time outside in sleet and snow while standing in freezing cold water there are plenty of folks here that can give you pointers.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
    Welcome Joe-- glad you're posting. As mentioned we have a bunch of folks that fish the Driftless area -- we also have a bunch of folks that chase steelhead all winter in the midwest so if you ever have a desire to spend time outside in sleet and snow while standing in freezing cold water there are plenty of folks here that can give you pointers.

That sounds great haha, I've been wanting to try steelhead fishing for a while now
    "Don't burn the day away" - Dave Matthews Band