Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Member

1. Default New Member

Greetings from northwest North Carolina! I am looking forward to participating.

Default Re: New Member

Hi jdgrubbjr,

Welcome to the forum. You almost live in Virgina. Where do you fish the most. Do you ever get over to NE Tennessee to fish?

3. Default Re: New Member

Frank,

I primarily fish southwest Virginia since I am so close. The two streams that I fish the most are Big Wilson and Whitetop Laurel. I also try to make a spring and fall trip over to the Smokies. The New River is where I spend time during the warmer months. While I am fairly close to Tennessee, I don't get over that way fishing, mainly because of my schedule. Thanks for the welcome!

Default Re: New Member

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to your contributions!
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

5. Default Re: New Member

I am also a new member and new to fly fishing. Have taken one casting class and currently waiting for some new gear to arrive from Cabelas. Looking forward to getting started. Meanwhile I will continue to fish with my bait caster / spinning grear.

6. Default Re: New Member

Fishfinder,

I feel pretty confident that there are a lot of people on this forum that are willing to help you, including myself. Unfortunately when I started, I didn't have access to anyone with any knowledge pertaining to fly fishing in my area primarily because I lived so far back in the sticks that we didn't get Saturday Night Live until Monday! Hang in there and PERSEVERE.

7. Default Re: New Member

I'm somewhat new to fly fishing myself and I can tell you that when I bought my new Orvis rod the sales man gave me a quick class and it only showed me that I had a lot to learn, but after I revieved the excerpt with this forum it totally turned around my cast and it feels great.