New guy from ID Panhandle

mrcleanx

Reaction score
Hi!

I started fly fishing a couple of years ago and haven't baited a worm or a salmon egg since. I can't say I'm very good at it, but I do manage to put a couple in the frying pan more often that not.

My favorite spots include...
Yaak River, MT
Kootenai River, MT
Thompson River, MT
Coeur d'Alene River (all forks), ID

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi mrcleanx,

Welcome to the forum. You live in a great part of America. Looking forward to your post. Have they stopped the pollution of Coeur d'Alene lake?

mrcleanx

Reaction score
Thanks Frank! North Idaho is a beautiful place to live. Unfortunately, Coeur d'Alene lake is still pretty nasty. It looks great on the surface, but the heavy metals still linger down below. The mining has stopped and the timber industry has gotten more sensitive. Most of the rivers and streams are in pretty good shape now. I spotted a couple of nice 14"-15" Cutthroats on the North Fork last weekend. With 100s of folks floating the river this time of year, fishing is out. I'll go back in a few weeks and see if I can get a few pics before I release them. :biggrin:

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
mrcleanx,

What a shame the lake is still in bad shape. I remember years ago it was a beautiful lake with lots of fish. Looking to some pictures.

Joni

Reaction score
I love the Northern Idaho. I was born and raise in the southern portion.
Welcome for sure and look forward to your reports. Got a lot of Steelhead and Salmon water up that way.
I fish more the lower corner around Yellowstone area.