Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
  1. Default New guy from Nevada

Hey guys, just started fly fishing about 6 months ago, been chucking lures most of my life. But once I started to cast flies, I'm totally hooked. I live in Winnemucca, Nevada so most of my fishing trips involve long drives. Anyway just wanted to say hello. Looking forward to learning lots from all the other members.

Default Re: New guy from Nevada

Welcome to the forum! You will find flyfishing is a lifetime of learning so ask a lot of questions, read a lot and fish a lot! There are great people on this forum and will be glad to answer your questions! We are all here becuase we want to help each other enjoy this great sport! Again, welcome and looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

3. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  4. Re: New guy from Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Nevadahayman View Post
    Hey guys, just started fly fishing about 6 months ago, been chucking lures most of my life. But once I started to cast flies, I'm totally hooked. I live in Winnemucca, Nevada so most of my fishing trips involve long drives. Anyway just wanted to say hello. Looking forward to learning lots from all the other members.
    Hey There Hayman!

Winnemucca, where they have ONE traffic jam a year! Isn't that what the sign says on I-80? I haven't been through your neck of the woods since I quit truckin' back in the 90's. Have you fished Pyramid Lake outside of Reno yet? I've seen some awesome Lahontan Trout pulled outta there! I'm a newbie to this forum and fly fishing also. We both have allot to learn!

Default Re: New guy from Nevada

Hi Nevadahayman,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post. You will have to try Pyramid Lake but it takes long cast and you have to be there at the right time. In that same area is the Truckee River and feeder streams into Lake Tahoe.

6. Default Re: New guy from Nevada

Hey, nevadahayman still around?

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Red face Re: New guy from Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by amertens View Post
    Hey, nevadahayman still around?
    By the dating of his three postings .... I'd say no.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"