Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello SW VA

Default Hello SW VA

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mike and I live in the SW VA area. I have been fly fishing for 23 years and have been tying my own flies for 22 years. I was born and raised in upstate NY and I have fished up and down the East Coast.

I moved to SW VA 6 years ago. I normally fish the local streams and tailwaters as often as I can here. I also tie my own flies.

I am an addict to steelhead fishing in upstate NY. I only go 1-2 wks per year, but I cherish my time on the river. I grew up fishing the Salmon River and as I've gotten older, I've started to learn a lot about different techniques, holes, flies, rigging, when to wake up for a spot on the river, and when to pack up and call it a day.

I'm looking forward to sharing some stories and knowledge with everyone.

2. Default Re: Hello SW VA

Welcome. I'm pretty new here myself. I live in western VA just outside of Harrisonburg.

Default Re: Hello SW VA

I'm in Damascus, VA. Can't get much more SW than that. This is a great forum. I'm sure you like me will learn much from the participants here. If you're in my area drop me a note. Love to have a local fishing partner.

Stan

Welcome all. Theres a lot of great info, debates and rib tickling goes on here....
    Jump on in and enjoy the fun!
    Eunan

Addicted To Vise Flies

Blog Entries

Hi fellas,

Welcome to you both, I guess we have a social network going on here, but one in which everyone is a fly fisher. Glad to see you posting and look forward to hearing more from you both.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

To the forum from across the pond

7. Default Re: Hello SW VA

Welcome,

If you venture more southern than western, stop by and pay us a visit on the Smith in Martinsville.

D

It looks like the TVA is giving some waders a chance on the SOHO tomorrow. 12n-6pm. I'll be there then.

I've been to the Smith 2x. Some tough water.

9. Default Re: Hello SW VA

Quote Originally Posted by flytie09 View Post
    It looks like the TVA is giving some waders a chance on the SOHO tomorrow. 12n-6pm. I'll be there then.

I've been to the Smith 2x. Some tough water.
    She's a Jekyll & Hyde river! Some days you can catch them on anything, some days you can't catch them with dynamite!