Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Well, I've sort of introduced myself in a few posts over the past week, but just found this portion of the forum and thought I would say hello.

I've been fishing for 15+ years, but just starting out with a fly rod. I primarily fish in the local rivers and ponds for trout and panfish, but hopefully this year will have a boat to go out on the local fingerlakes (Keuka, Seneca, etc). I'm from south-central upstate NY, right on the boarder of PA.

There's lots of places to fish around here, but I've never learned to fish them well. Hopefully by learning how to fly fish and the attention to hatchings and the meal selection for the day, I'll be able to improve the quantity of fish I catch.

Seeing some of the photos of the browns, brookies and cutthroats really makes me understand why people like to catch trout, and why size doesn't matter as much. They're beautiful fish.

If anyone is ever up in the Corning, NY region to fish, give me a shout. I'd love to go out and spend some time on the water. Hopefully learn a thing or two at the same time.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello!

Welcome (again) MT, maybe you can come along when we hit the Delaware! Keep the great fish photos coming, and good luck with the muskie!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Default Re: Hello!

Hello and welcome