Thread: Old New Guy from N Colo

1. Default Old New Guy from N Colo

After having one lesson 25 years ago, my 22 year daughter Adrienne found my cheat old fly rod and decided she wanted to try Fly Fishing, so I'm back to buying equipment and fast track learning so she doesn't make me look to bad, as she seems to have a natural ability or luck at casting and catching fish. So Please bear with me and wish me luck.
    Thanks
    Wyatt

A Bad Day Fishing is Better then a Good Day Working.

Default Re: Old New Guy from N Colo

Hi Wyatt,

Welcome to the forum.

Ladies make very good fly fishers. It seems they have a casting gene we men don't have. I had a lady fly casting instructor tell me that women learn to cast quickly because they don't over analyze it and just follow directions.

Welcome to the group! You're in a good spot to learn and enjoy this sport. I've not fished it, but I know the Cache La Poudre is loved by many fly anglers.

I will say I support yer local craft brewery regularly. Loves me some of that new Mothership Wit they have out this year. Became my new all-time favorite.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Welcome to the forum!
    "I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)

5. Default Re: Old New Guy from N Colo

Welcome Wyatt!

The members here are a great bunch, I'm sure you'll enjoy their posts.
    Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
    - Thoreau
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]