Hello from East TN!

Smalliechaser

Reaction score
New to this forum, I live outside of the Great Smokies and while I love the trout fishing, chasing smallies on the fly is my passion especially on glass rods!

troutslayer

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Beautiful country down there! Spent a week in Gatlinburg a couple of years ago. Flyfished one of the state parks but didn't do well but had a great time! Glad to have you with us!

Smalliechaser

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!
jdgrubbjr, I haven't fished the Little T.
The Little River in Townsend has fished well all spring and summer for smallies but has slowed down with the recent weather changes. The river is at alltime low levels also. The tailwaters are all fishing well both trout and smallmouth. See Randy Ratliff's post in the southeast section, He posted some recent picts of the upper Holston.
How has the fishing been on the FB this summer at Hot Springs?

jdgrubbjr

Reaction score
Smalliechaser,

I have not gotten to fish the FB, but I'll bet that Randy Ratliff has some info on it. My home smallmouth water is the New River. I live about 5 miles from the North Fork/South Fork confluence. As a matter of fact, my brother-in-law and I are leaving in the morning for a 4 day float/camp on the New. We fished the Little T over near Needmore back in May with decent success. The water level was low back then, so I can only imagine what it is now.

Randy Ratliff

Reaction score
The French Broad is as low as any river in NC and TN that are in the extreme drought conditions. I know around the Asheville area it is hard to float a boat. Douglas Lake that the FB runs into is already at winter pool or lower so the river level around the Hot Springs area can't be good. I have frinds who fish that area and they haven't said anything to me lately so that means they are not fishing the river.

Hope this helps