Hello from the Gunnison Valley

heck

Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in gunnison colorado and am excited to see/share all these great experiences. The gunnison Valley is a premier location to get into some HUGE trout, kokanee salmon and all the lake/high mountain lakes you can imagine. from small bamboo streams for brooks to 32" browns and rainbow on the taylor tailwaters, we got it all. hoping to gain a lot of friends and knowledge from this site. happy fishing!!

cheers!
HECK

Reactions: Ard

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Heck,

Well heck welcome to the forum! Your area is indeed famous for great fishing and I'm sure your posts will be read by our members with interest.

Nothing beats an introduction here to let everyone know who you are and where you are coming from.

Welcome,

Ard

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Heck: Welcome to the forum!!!! From everything I have read, you are correct about the great fishing in the Gunnison area, but I have never been down there fishing, maybe someday. I've been throught there on the motorcycle, but I didn't have any fishing gear with me (big mistake), as there is lots of very nice looking water down there.

Larry

heck

Reaction score
Heck: Welcome to the forum!!!! From everything I have read, you are correct about the great fishing in the Gunnison area, but I have never been down there fishing, maybe someday. I've been throught there on the motorcycle, but I didn't have any fishing gear with me (big mistake), as there is lots of very nice looking water down there.

Larry
Next time do not forget your gear!
My only problem is that there is not enough time in the day! (so we go all night!!!)

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Next time do not forget your gear!
My only problem is that there is not enough time in the day! (so we go all night!!!)
Heck: I know what you mean about not having enough time for fishing, but I only have a month or so and I will be retired, just waiting for a replacement to get hired then I will do a few days of cross training and then I will be permanently retired. I'm retired Air Force and also from the University of Alaska Fairbanks so this is my third and final retirement! Yahoo!

heck

Reaction score
Heck: I know what you mean about not having enough time for fishing, but I only have a month or so and I will be retired, just waiting for a replacement to get hired then I will do a few days of cross training and then I will be permanently retired. I'm retired Air Force and also from the University of Alaska Fairbanks so this is my third and final retirement! Yahoo!
Very good ! May your retirement be rich with fishing adventures!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Very good ! May your retirement be rich with fishing adventures!
Heck: Thanks, I plan to! I just moved from Laramie up to Pinedale, WY and there is lots of water there to explore. I did a few floats on the New Fork River last year but this year I plan to get in a lot more fishing. Frank clued me in on a nearby lake that has Grayling that I want to explore once the ice goes out.

You live in a very beautiful part of Colorado, be sure to post some reports of your fishing adventures on the forum. Just realize that you can't upload photos directly from your computer (virus issues). So the way to do it is to either upload your photos to a photo gallery that you create or to another online site like flickr or photobucket then link from those sites. There is a yellow rectancular icon above where you type in text for a post that has a mountain scene, click on that and then enter the URL to your photos there.

Larry

heck

Reaction score
Heck: Thanks, I plan to! I just moved from Laramie up to Pinedale, WY and there is lots of water there to explore. I did a few floats on the New Fork River last year but this year I plan to get in a lot more fishing. Frank clued me in on a nearby lake that has Grayling that I want to explore once the ice goes out.

You live in a very beautiful part of Colorado, be sure to post some reports of your fishing adventures on the forum. Just realize that you can't upload photos directly from your computer (virus issues). So the way to do it is to either upload your photos to a photo gallery that you create or to another online site like flickr or photobucket then link from those sites. There is a yellow rectancular icon above where you type in text for a post that has a mountain scene, click on that and then enter the URL to your photos there.

Larry
I have not yet had the chance to get up to WY but I hope to very soon; also a very beautiful country. Gunnison is a GREAT place and I plan on posting ALOT of photos, also thanks for the tip I noticed there were a few issues while uploading photos yesterday I'll try the alternative method! cheers!

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

My grandfather was a F-1 pilot/instructor in the air force! Very cool!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Heck: If you make it up to the Pinedale, WY area (73 miles south of Jackson) give me a shout. I have a drift boat and I'm always looking for someone to go fishing with.

Larry

heck

Reaction score
Heck: If you make it up to the Pinedale, WY area (73 miles south of Jackson) give me a shout. I have a drift boat and I'm always looking for someone to go fishing with.

Larry
larry,
thanks for the invite. I will most definitely give you a shout when i am in the area.
thanks again,
heck