Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

  1. #1

    Default Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Hi all,

    I live in gunnison colorado and am excited to see/share all these great experiences. The gunnison Valley is a premier location to get into some HUGE trout, kokanee salmon and all the lake/high mountain lakes you can imagine. from small bamboo streams for brooks to 32" browns and rainbow on the taylor tailwaters, we got it all. hoping to gain a lot of friends and knowledge from this site. happy fishing!!


    cheers!
    HECK

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wasilla / Skwentna, Alaska
    Posts
    15,260
    Blog Entries
    111

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Heck,

    Well heck welcome to the forum! Your area is indeed famous for great fishing and I'm sure your posts will be read by our members with interest.

    Nothing beats an introduction here to let everyone know who you are and where you are coming from.

    Welcome,

    Ard

    Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

    Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

  3. Likes heck liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,777
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Heck: Welcome to the forum!!!! From everything I have read, you are correct about the great fishing in the Gunnison area, but I have never been down there fishing, maybe someday. I've been throught there on the motorcycle, but I didn't have any fishing gear with me (big mistake), as there is lots of very nice looking water down there.

    Larry
    Larry


  5. Likes heck liked this post
  6. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Languedoc/near montpellier
    Posts
    6,628
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    heck

  7. Likes heck liked this post
  8. #5

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Heck: Welcome to the forum!!!! From everything I have read, you are correct about the great fishing in the Gunnison area, but I have never been down there fishing, maybe someday. I've been throught there on the motorcycle, but I didn't have any fishing gear with me (big mistake), as there is lots of very nice looking water down there.

    Larry
    Next time do not forget your gear!
    My only problem is that there is not enough time in the day! (so we go all night!!!)

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,777
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Next time do not forget your gear!
    My only problem is that there is not enough time in the day! (so we go all night!!!)
    Heck: I know what you mean about not having enough time for fishing, but I only have a month or so and I will be retired, just waiting for a replacement to get hired then I will do a few days of cross training and then I will be permanently retired. I'm retired Air Force and also from the University of Alaska Fairbanks so this is my third and final retirement! Yahoo!
    Larry


  10. Likes heck liked this post
  11. #7

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Heck: I know what you mean about not having enough time for fishing, but I only have a month or so and I will be retired, just waiting for a replacement to get hired then I will do a few days of cross training and then I will be permanently retired. I'm retired Air Force and also from the University of Alaska Fairbanks so this is my third and final retirement! Yahoo!
    Very good ! May your retirement be rich with fishing adventures!

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,777
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Quote Originally Posted by heck View Post
    Very good ! May your retirement be rich with fishing adventures!
    Heck: Thanks, I plan to! I just moved from Laramie up to Pinedale, WY and there is lots of water there to explore. I did a few floats on the New Fork River last year but this year I plan to get in a lot more fishing. Frank clued me in on a nearby lake that has Grayling that I want to explore once the ice goes out.

    You live in a very beautiful part of Colorado, be sure to post some reports of your fishing adventures on the forum. Just realize that you can't upload photos directly from your computer (virus issues). So the way to do it is to either upload your photos to a photo gallery that you create or to another online site like flickr or photobucket then link from those sites. There is a yellow rectancular icon above where you type in text for a post that has a mountain scene, click on that and then enter the URL to your photos there.

    Larry
    Larry


  13. #9

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Heck: Thanks, I plan to! I just moved from Laramie up to Pinedale, WY and there is lots of water there to explore. I did a few floats on the New Fork River last year but this year I plan to get in a lot more fishing. Frank clued me in on a nearby lake that has Grayling that I want to explore once the ice goes out.

    You live in a very beautiful part of Colorado, be sure to post some reports of your fishing adventures on the forum. Just realize that you can't upload photos directly from your computer (virus issues). So the way to do it is to either upload your photos to a photo gallery that you create or to another online site like flickr or photobucket then link from those sites. There is a yellow rectancular icon above where you type in text for a post that has a mountain scene, click on that and then enter the URL to your photos there.

    Larry
    I have not yet had the chance to get up to WY but I hope to very soon; also a very beautiful country. Gunnison is a GREAT place and I plan on posting ALOT of photos, also thanks for the tip I noticed there were a few issues while uploading photos yesterday I'll try the alternative method! cheers!

    ---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Heck: I know what you mean about not having enough time for fishing, but I only have a month or so and I will be retired, just waiting for a replacement to get hired then I will do a few days of cross training and then I will be permanently retired. I'm retired Air Force and also from the University of Alaska Fairbanks so this is my third and final retirement! Yahoo!
    My grandfather was a F-1 pilot/instructor in the air force! Very cool!

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,777
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Hello from the Gunnison Valley

    Heck: If you make it up to the Pinedale, WY area (73 miles south of Jackson) give me a shout. I have a drift boat and I'm always looking for someone to go fishing with.

    Larry
    Larry


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gunnison fly tying kit new
    By Ebay USA in forum Fly Tying Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 11:50 PM
  2. The Gunnison Riover 02/27/10
    By flytyer_neal in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2010, 10:01 AM
  3. Gunnison River 2-13-10
    By flytyer_neal in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-14-2010, 04:46 PM
  4. Gunnison river.... 1-23-10
    By flytyer_neal in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2010, 08:04 AM
  5. N. fork of the gunnison
    By chocolatelabs in forum Rocky Mountain Range
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •