Hello from WY!

Brew_WY

Reaction score
Fairly new to fly fishing. I was in a King Salmon camp on the Nushagak River in AK last summer when I caught my first fish on a fly rod, 8 lbs. King, and the addiction began there. After a couple days at King camp I went to the a fly lodge on the shores of Lake Illiamna and spent another 3 days fishing the Copper River for trout. I had a great guide/casting instructor there that taught me a lot about the basics of fly fishing. I have some borrowed gear at the moment, but will be purchasing my own here in the next couple weeks to start my new season. Glad to be here and looking forward sharing some pictures and stories!

Cheers,

Brew

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Also if an admin happens to wander in to this post, could my user name be edited to have the proper capitalization? I thought that I had entered Brew_WY for my username, but it obviously is not. Trivial I know, but I like to try and be consistent with my user names on the forums I patronize.

Thanks.

Brew

Last edited:

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Brew: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing!
I fixed your username as requested.

Larry

Brew_WY

Reaction score
Thank you for correcting my UN for me. I am also looking forward to starting a fishing season here soon, unfortunately we are in the middle of a maintenance outage at work for the next 5 weeks. So I have no spare time to head to the water (I am gone 14 hrs a day 6+ days a week). But I hope to be fishing by the end of May, if not maybe a little sooner if I can sneak out on my way home from work.

Cheers,

Brew

peregrines

Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator
Reaction score
Hey Brew welcome to the forum-- make yourself at home here-- By the way, you're in a great part of the world for fly fishing-- you'll have a blast out there.

Brew_WY

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I am looking forward to digging around here and finding some places to go. There should be plenty of fishing in the area if I can figure out what they like. I am interested in trying to catch some walleye once the water temperature warms up some more. Will probably need to pick up another spool and get a sinking set up. But that is a little off topic for here.

Cheers,

Brew