Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello folks..

Default Hello folks..

Hi y'all,
    My name is John and I'm a flyfishing junkie, have been since since I was 13.

I live in Utah, and fish Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana heavily in the warmer months, I love the challenge of tough fish on the Henry's fork(used to spend all my free time there), nothing like stalking big fish during a Flav or pmd emergance.

I am married to a fyshaholic that will stay on the water longer than myself and generally outfishes me(cuz I'm usually rowing), nothing like a woman that knows how to fish. LOL

Anyway glad to be a member of this forum, and look forward to great conversations with all of you.
    John.

Default Re: Hello folks..

Hi John, welcome aboard! Sounds like you are in an ideal situation in several respects ; there'll be plenty besides myself who envy your situation. A lot of the most experienced flyfishers frequenting this forum are from your neck of the woods, many of them professional guides, etc. I'm sure you'll be having some rewarding exchanges with them in coming days.

Neil
    On the whole, I'd rather be in Wyoming . . .
    Fly2:

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to your contributions.

Do you get out and fish midges much in these frosty months?
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Thanks for the welcome guys.
    It will be interesting to see if I know any of the members on here that may be from my "neck o da woods".
    I spend most of my time on the Henrys fork and the South fork of the Snake, Mainly the S/F in the past 2-3 years. Have you guys been to this area?
    maybe fished the Green or the Provo Rivers?

As for midging, yes I do but not as much anymore if the weather is really cold, I hate cleaning my guides every 12 seconds.LOL.

later, John.