Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New Guy

Talking New Guy

I just joined the forum and I lived in Colorado where I did a lot of fly fishing wading streams and on lakes in a belly boat in the 21 years I lived there. I retired and moved to Arkansas in 2002 and I fish here off of my bass boat a lot.
    I haven't fly fished yet in Arkansas but that's about to change as I'm planning a trip to the White river in the next couple of weeks with a neighbor who was a fly fisherman in PA before he retired. We have fished here off of my boat and he is a good guy so maybe we can start fly fishing together often.
    I'm also thinking of getting back into Belly boating as there are a couple of good watershed lakes near me that have good populations of bass and Crappie.
    I had sold all my fly rods and reels when I left Colorado so during the past couple of months I have been gearing up as you would say buying some new rods and reels.

Anyway, this looks like a great site and I hopefully will gain enough warm water fly fishing to be able to pass on some information after I get out there a do it for awhile.

Art

Default Re: New Guy

Welcome to the board Art!

Blog Entries

to the forum Artand welcome back to flyfishing

Blog Entries

Hi Art,

I hope you'll become one of our regular posters here and share some pictures of Arkansas with us. Your new home state is one that I have traveled through but never fished in. What I learned riding through is that there are some beautiful places there and would love to see the White River.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Welcome to arguably the best forums for all things fly fishing Art!
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Talking Re: New Guy

Thanks for the welcome to the forum and I've been working on getting my pontoon float boat ready for fisjhing the local water sheds. My neighbor and I are doing a trip to the little red river next week to start to gain some knowledge and try our hand at fishing it. Later in a few weeks I plan to go to the white river and start to learn that river and become a regular fishing it as I can't wait for some fall fishing on it.