Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. Default Introducing myself;

    May as well introduce myself in a thread like this (photo forthcoming) - spent much of my youth spin fishing during summers but haven't been out for a number of years. This spring in an effort to fill time otherwise spent on the ski slopes during winter I decided to take up the fly rod. Took a full day intro course from some reputable local fly fishing instructors and have been battling the Bow River here in S. Alberta ever since. Have yet to land my first trout which is a bit discouraging, but I can feel my cast and technique improving every time out so I am confident it will come. Lots of great discussion on here from some experienced people, so I look forward to continue soaking it all up!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wasilla / Skwentna, Alaska
    Posts
    15,385
    Blog Entries
    111

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Hey there Saloman,

    I moved your post over the the new member introduction threads. It'll get more views here and whenever you're ready to post a picture of yourself you can go back and stick that on the Face With the Name thread, hope that sounds ok with you.

    Welcome to the forum, I hope we can be helpful as you expand your fly fishing experiences,

    Ard

    Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

    Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

  3. Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Hey there Saloman,

    I moved your post over the the new member introduction threads. It'll get more views here and whenever you're ready to post a picture of yourself you can go back and stick that on the Face With the Name thread, hope that sounds ok with you.

    Welcome to the forum, I hope we can be helpful as you expand your fly fishing experiences,

    Ard
    Serves me right for not scrolling down far enough to find this sub-forum. Thanks!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Welcome to the Forum!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Welcome to the forum!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wasilla / Skwentna, Alaska
    Posts
    15,385
    Blog Entries
    111

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    It'll take a while to find your way around the site. I'm still learning new features after years of use. Keep reading and posting and before you know it you'll be one of the regulars.

    Ard

    Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

    Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Pinedale, WY
    Posts
    18,863
    Blog Entries
    50

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Saloman: Welcome to the forum! Just keep plugging away and try to read as much as you can on the Bow River, I've heard it can be challenging at times, but rewarding at the same time. Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

    Larry
    Larry


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
    Posts
    10,759

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Been quite some time but loved fishing the 'Bow. Are the Elk still wandering around in Banff? Well in the riverside parkway.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ben Lomond, Ca
    Posts
    2,253
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Hey....a first post that doesn't ask for (a) info about a specific spot you're fishing next week (b) a recommendation for the best beginner fly rod under $100 or (c) what everyone's 5 favorite flies are.

    You're already on the way to being a respected poster

    If you're swinging and twitching and stripping a muddler on the Bow...don't be too surprised if a VERY LARGE brown trout whacks it and takes off at mach 1 headed downstream. Fish the woodpiles, and good luck.

    -Mike

  10. Default Re: Introducing myself;

    Thanks for all the welcomes!

    Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    Saloman: Welcome to the forum! Just keep plugging away and try to read as much as you can on the Bow River, I've heard it can be challenging at times, but rewarding at the same time. Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.
    I've been warned that it's a tough river to learn on, but a piece of good advice I received was to just focus on reading small segments at a time and fish those.

    Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Been quite some time but loved fishing the 'Bow. Are the Elk still wandering around in Banff? Well in the riverside parkway.
    Have yet to fish the Bow upstream of Calgary, but I can assure you the wildlife has not left the National Park!

    Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    If you're swinging and twitching and stripping a muddler on the Bow...don't be too surprised if a VERY LARGE brown trout whacks it and takes off at mach 1 headed downstream. Fish the woodpiles, and good luck.
    Thanks! I haven't spent too much time using streamers but runoff/rain season means I'll be using them next! Don't have any muddlers but do have some wolly buggers, clouser minnows, bow river buggers, and balanced leeches that will hopefully do the job in the brown water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Introducing myself
    By rgramjet in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM
  2. Introducing myself from PA
    By FlyChick in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM
  3. Introducing Myself
    By TritonCollect in forum Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 03:36 PM
  4. Introducing myself.
    By Clint F in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 05:04 PM
  5. Just introducing myself
    By dorian.ducker in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 01:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •