Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good Day from Northern Colorado!

Hello all...
    I have been reading these forums off and on for nearly a year, and I have finally taken the time to join and introduce myself. I just started fly fishing last year, and I am totally and completely addicted. I have fished bait cast and spinners my entire life, but only took to the fly rod after a short trip on the White River in AR, and a guided trip near Jefferson, CO. Not sure if I even qualify as a novice yet... There are so many new things to learn. I have started tying as well, which seems to be an entire world in itself. I look forward to learning more from this site and the members here, and to spending much more time on the water!

-Ryan
    Last edited by vyse; 08-23-2012 at 04:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Good Day from Northern Colorado!

Ryan: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! You're right, fly tying is a whole different animal, but just as fun, especially when you start landing fish on flies YOU have tied, nothing better.
    Larry

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to learning from all the amazing experience here!

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Welcome to the forum Ryan. I was born and raised there in Colorado. I went to highschool for the last 2 years in Ft. Collins, but I am from Dillon. By the way, I am going to be back in Dillon next month for a couple of days. I'm hoping to get a few casts in on the Blue and hopefully a few in Soda Creek.

There is a lot of great info on here and a lot of very helpful people. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by vyse View Post
    Hello all...
    I have been reading these forums off and on for nearly a year, and I have finally taken the time to join and introduce myself. I just started fly fishing last year, and I am totally and completely addicted. I have fished bait cast and spinners my entire life, but only took to the fly rod after a short trip on the White River in AR, and a guided trip near Jefferson, CO. Not sure if I even qualify as a novice yet... There are so many new things to learn. I have started tying as well, which seems to be an entire world in itself. I look forward to learning more from this site and the members here, and to spending much more time on the water!

-Ryan
    Hey Ryan

Welcome. I am new to the forum too. Been fly fishing off and on for about 25 years. Only last 3 or 4 years that I have gotten serious. You seem to be in a perfect place to learn and become addicted. Would love to fish Colorado someday. How is the tying going? What kind of fish are you catchin'?

mcnerney,

I really enjoy fly tying. I took a few classes at my local shop and have probably tied 300 flies now. Everything from wooly buggers to parachute Adams, and lots of midges and nymphs. I dont get to fish often enough, but i have been into browns, brookies, and rainbows, as well as catching panfish at the lake with my wife. So much water, so little time.

Blog Entries

Ryan...great place here with tons of info and lots of helpful guys and...gals

Hello Ryan,

I am also a new member of this excellent forum - it is really fantastic
    Best regards from Germany,

THORSTEN

Thorsten, jpbfly, noreaster, Diver Dan, mcnerney, thank you all for the kind welcome. There is so much great info here, it is tough to pick a place to start. I have one 5wt. fly rig, and I am still trying to figure out what to do on the river and the lake as well. I really enjoy getting out on a small stream... Size of fish is not as important to me as getting away from the city and finding solitude.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vyse View Post
    mcnerney,

I really enjoy fly tying. I took a few classes at my local shop and have probably tied 300 flies now. Everything from wooly buggers to parachute Adams, and lots of midges and nymphs. I dont get to fish often enough, but i have been into browns, brookies, and rainbows, as well as catching panfish at the lake with my wife. So much water, so little time.
    Ryan: Those parachute adams setup in a dry/dropper rig have been working great for me, you might want to give that a go. I hear you about so much water and so little time, and I'm retired!
    Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast