Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
  1. Thumbs up "hey yall" from upstate sc

I have always loved to fish. I mostly trout fish with an ulta-light spinning reel. I have three daughters and I take atleast one of them every time I go. I had always had an intrest in fly fishing but couldn't aford to spend alot of money to try something that I didn't know if I would like or not. Last week I bought two fly rods that I found in a pawn shop for $20 each. I went out in the yard and tried it out, it went so so for the first time I ever tried but I knew I needed help. I found this forum, joined and got the free e-book. I went through the book on Sunday and felt like I got alot of usefull info. I decided to practice at a pond across the street yesterday. I caught 9 blue gill in an hour. It was great, I couldn't even sleep last night. I found a local fly fisherman who is going to help me. I'm going to keep practicing but I can't wait to hit the river for my first trout on the flyrod. Thanks for the great info on this forum. Todd

Default Re: "hey yall" from upstate sc

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum. Most first time fly fishers don't do that well. Glad to hear you found the book helpful. A friend to help you will cut down on you learning curve. Looking forward to your post. Does your friend tye flies?

Frank

3. Default Re: "hey yall" from upstate sc

He does tie flies and teaches some classes on fly fishing. I met him while my family was doing some vol. work at a local state park two years ago. I vol. at the park durring the summers on fri-sun, 4 hours each day and get the camp site for free. My family enjoys the park and I get lots of fishing time. He told me he would help me learn to fly fish , so I decided to take him up on his offer. He told me that he will set me up with some flies that will work the best in our area.

Hi Todd,

Well, you will be fly fishing and tying flies in no time. It is a great hobby, especially if you have some spare time.

Frank

Welcome to the group and the sport! sounds like you're having fun already.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.