Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New member from Northern CA

Hello, everyone. John Squires is my name. I'm a brand-new member and very happy to have found this forum - I am really enjoying every aspect of the site. I fish Northern CA, of course, buy my main interest over the years has been wilderness fishing, CA, ID, WY, MT, and the last several years in AK. After quite a few trips to Alaska, I started giving presentations to fly clubs about my trips. One thing led to another and this past August I took my first clients to the Alaskan wilderness. I look foward to many years of enjoyment on this forum and hope I can contribute a bit here and there.

Blog Entries

Default Re: New member from Northern CA

John...looking forward to seeing your contributions

Blog Entries

John: Welcome to the forum!

PS: Just a gentle reminder that you can't advertise your business on the forum unless you decide to become a business member of the forum. You also aren't allowed to invite members to your Blog or Web site; however, you can add a link to your blog or web site in your signature block.

Larry
    Larry

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Greeting John! I live just out side of Medford, Oregon; where are you located in Nor-Ca?

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
    John: Welcome to the forum!

PS: Just a gentle reminder that you can't advertise your business on the forum unless you decide to become a business member of the forum. You also aren't allowed to invite members to your Blog or Web site; however, you can add a link to your blog or web site in your signature block.

Larry
    Hi, Larry.
    I apologize, I in no way was I trying to advertise - that's why I did not mention the name of my company. I have a "regular" job and my presentations are, as I said, geared toward helping others plan their own trips. But, as you know, sometimes things take on a life of their own and we get taken along for the ride. Thank you for the heads-up.
    BTW, I love Pinedale.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Greeting John! I live just out side of Medford, Oregon; where are you located in Nor-Ca?

Fred
    Fred, I live in the East Bay at the moment, San Ramon, although we're looking for a place to retire.
    I love Oregon. I spoke at the McKenzie Fly Fishers last year. Great group of people. You're very fortunate to live where you do - but you already know that.
    John

[QUOTE=jsquires;488269

Fred, I live in the East Bay at the moment, San Ramon, although we're looking for a place to retire.
    I love Oregon. I spoke at the McKenzie Fly Fishers last year. Great group of people. You're very fortunate to live where you do - but you already know that.
    John[/QUOTE]

Indeed I am John, indeed I am. Oregon (the entire State) has fewer folks than live in the counties (5?) that surround the Bay Area. Better yet, 2/3's are at least 100 miles north of me.

In the retirement mode, look at our area. Seriously good place to hang 'an old hat.'

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Indeed I am John, indeed I am. Oregon (the entire State) has fewer folks than live in the counties (5?) that surround the Bay Area. Better yet, 2/3's are at least 100 miles north of me.

In the retirement mode, look at our area. Seriously good place to hang 'an old hat.'

Fred
    I have a friend, Fred, from the Lodi area who moved to Eugene a few years back. He has converted me to a Ducks fan. I went to the Cal game up there last year. What a great stadium and great fans!
    I will put Medford on my short list of places to check out for a retirement cabin. Is there an airport nearby so we can fly to the Sacramento area to visit kids and grandkids?

Not sure about Sac, but direct flights (last I looked) to SFO and Oakland. I'll dig up a airline 'where to link' and post up for you. That said, from Medford to Sac is a tad over 4 hours down I-5.
    Fred

Edit/To/from flights ... have no idea what "RON" may be.

http://www.co.jackson.or.us/Files/Se...ht%20Final.pdf

Hi John.
    Welcome,I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do.
    Brian.

Where I live we call that Middle California.
    Welcome!
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast