New Trade Member from UK

Reaction score
Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello and introduce myself (James) and my company the Fly Tying Company.

We are a small family run business based in the UK and source many products from Europe, some of which are really interesting.

I hope I can contribute to what already is a fantastic forum.

All the Best

James :icon_bigg

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
WELCOME JIM!!!!!:D:D:D

Guys, don't hesitate from buying out of the UK; I do it all the time (even have an open account at one shop). Many buys, never a miss over several years. Mail (either way) always goes by air. Typical delivery time (post to your door) is 7 business days. Only one I sent that took longer (10 days) was going to an Island off the north coast of Scotland.

But the 'why, I can buy it here?' You'd be amazed at the stuff the UK fisher have access to that never sees America (maybe Canada).

Fred

Reaction score
Thanks All,

Jim is fine and with my surname of MacDonald... Jimmy Mac often comes up (if you like a bit of martha and the vandellas)

@fredaevans - you are right but it also works in reverse, The UK fly tyer often buys from the US. :icon_eek:

Last edited:

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
That I can believe Jim, that I can believe. Your VAT tax is brutal. Good thing is if you're shipping out way, it's 'waived.' As for buys from our side of the Pond there are three/four 'shops' here in Oregon that do a heck of a business with you folks.

Major reason for that is Oregon has no sales tax so what you buy is what you pay (save for a bit of extra mailing costs; think its 88 cents per oz vs 44 for over seas, but every things going air mail).

Edit: One suggestion I'd have for your site is a Currency Converter as your pricing is in Pounds. I can do the math in my head ($1.62 per Pound on average), but most folks would need some help on that. As an example 5 Pounds would be right at $8 USD.

Last edited:

bigjim5589

Reaction score
Well, 'Jim' is questionable.
Thanks Fred, I represent that remark! :rolleyes:

Although I browse UK online shops frequently, I've not made but a few purchases. However, I have to agree that the folks in Europe seem to be a bit ahead of us when it comes to new & unique.

Jim, I took a look at your site & can't say you have anything there I would have much use for, as I rarely fish for trout. My interests are primarily warmwater & tidal. But, it's a great looking site & wish you much success with it!

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
James: Welcome to the forum!!!! I'll have to take a look at your site when I get back into town.

PS. I have an uncle "JP" who likes to buy me new fly rods and other gear, I'll have to put in an order. :D
Larry