gador5

Reaction score
hello everone.
my brother and i are planning atrip to vancouver island in sept 08 and would really appreciate any advice on good places to fish,We are mainly interested in rivers but would also like to try fly fishing for salmon off the beach.
all the best, Gavin.

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi gador5,

Welcome to the forum. That sounds like a good trip you are planning. Beach fishing is tough for Salmon unless you know exactly where the fish are going to be. You could try the river mouths. The Salmon usually aproach the river along one side of the mouth. All you have to do is figuer out which side of the mouth they are apporaching from. In most cases it will be the side that comes from the ocean. The very best advice I can give you is to contact a local fly shop on the Island. Call them and order some thing from them and go from there. Flies are a good thing to buy because they will have to discuss your plans to give you the right flies. If you can't locate a local fly shop then call Kaufmann's Streamborn. They will have somebody who has fishing the Island.

Since you posted in the Classified section, as Cliff noted, I moved your link over to the introduction forum.

Frank

gador5

Reaction score
Thanks frank for the info and for re-directing my post to the right place.Great site and iam looking forward to usingit correctly! all the best gavin.