New Guy From Pennsylvania

palonewolf

Reaction score
Great site you have here. I signed up in April but I just read and then read some more. I was told once to just shut up and listen (in this case read) at first because you will learn a ton. There will be a time to ask questions. Well, that time is now. I am pretty new to fly fishing. I've fished all my life but just picked up fly fishing a couple of years ago. Some has come easy and other parts have been a pain. I have so much to learn still. This site has help me a lot and I hope it will some more.

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was born at the Williamsport hospital; lived in and fished the state for more years than anywhere else. What part of 'Western' are you in?

Welcome to the discussion threads,

Ard

williamhj

Reaction score
Welcome! I agree, sometimes it's best to just listen (or read) before opening one's mouth. That said, sometimes you can save yourself a lot of time by asking a question or two. I remember when I started fly fishing some of the terminology was confusing and a simple explanation helped me quite a bit. Feel free to ask away! I'm sure you'll find folks here knowledgeable and helpful, as I have.

bocianka1

Reaction score
It's always good to see more PA folks joining the discussions. Welcome to the forum. There is so much info on here that it's a great idea to sit back at first and try to read and get a feel for things. When you are ready to ask questions, you will be more likely to ask more accurate questions that haven't already been covered a dozen times in previous posts.

That said, joining the discussions is the best way to connect to others, and keep the forum vibrant. Glad to see you joining the fray. I've found this forum and PAFF to be very encouraging and supportive. I hope they are a great resource for you as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk