Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Default Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada

I am a new member and had moved up to Northern Ontario last year and had resumed spinning and baitcasting fishing after a hiatus of a number of years. I have been wanting to get into fly fishing for a long time and am planning on giving it a go once the water goes soft again. I am looking to go after the stocked trout lakes around this region as well as the walleye and small mouth, and would appreciate any suggestions I can get.

Thanks,
    Austin

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada

Welcome to 'The Asylum' Austin. Loved your line about the 'water going soft again.' I can easily guess what its like at the moment.
    FRed
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

You've picked the right spot. There is a lot of information to be had here. Where in Ontario are you? I'm right on the border with Ontario.

Blog Entries

Austin: Welcome to the forum! There is a ton of information on this site, browse around, use the search function and don't hesitate to ask questions. You should have some greatfishing opportunities in your neck of the woods, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures. If your looking to explore the local lakes you probably should look into getting a float tube or pontoon or some other craft if you don't already have one.

Larry
    Larry

Welcome! Bet you'll find some great information here
    - William

Thanks for the welcome guys, I have already learned a bunch and am looking forward to learning more.

Fred, thankfully I got to fish until mid November this year so I can't be too upset about the ice. And it has just gotten thick enough to go out on so I can resume fishing again.

Dan, I am up in Kirkland Lake, about 7 hours north of Toronto. Lots of opportunity here for sure. I have read a number of your posts on walleye and they have really piqued my interest of giving them a good chase with the new gear.

Larry, I have a 16.5 ft aluminum boat that is just the ticket for the bigger lakes in the region, but I am thinking of a canoe or kayak for the smaller and more interesting lakes and rivers.

Austin