Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hello from Upstate NY

Hello all!
    My name is Chris, though I go by 'Frogg' or 'Froggy' at work. (It's a voice thing. If you're old enough to have seen the 'Little Rascals' you'll understand.)
    I've been fly fishing for about 4-5 years, and I still need a lot of practice. I've enjoyed tying flies for a couple years as well. (Wooly buggers and leaches, are more my speed, not Adams' and Hare's Ear Nymphs.) I've been building rods for around ten years now. Most of the rods I build are for raffles or donations.
    I'm married to Melissa(21 years), and we have two great kids Thomas (21) and Heather (19).
    When I'm not fishing, or doing anything fishing related, I'm usually on my bike ('03 Vulcan 1500). I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders as well as the American Legion Riders and Rolling Thunder. If you haven't caught on by the company I keep, I do a lot with/for our Veterans. (US Navy Vet).

Chris

Default Re: Hello from Upstate NY

Hi, Chris.
    I'm not sure, but I think there might be one or two of us on the forum who are old enough to remember the Little Rascals.
    Sounds like life is good for you - and you deserve it for helping the vets.
    You're going to love this forum. I'm impressed every day with the talent here. Welcome.
    John Squires

Thank you for the welcome, John. I hope to learn more from the members here as well as pass on anything I can in my fields of knowledge.

I kinda' figured there may be a few members here that have heard of Our Gang. I watched the reruns, by the way. I ain't old enough to have seen them first run.

Chris
    Last edited by frogg; 01-10-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Welcome to the forum!
    - William

Blog Entries

Chris: Welcome to the forum, grat to have you on board!
    It's also good to have others here that also like to support the vets, the other day I donated some flies that I tied to the Rocky Mtn Project Healing Waters program and also to the Casper, WY chapter. I've been fly fishing since the early 80's and tying about that long but my tying is pretty basic stuff compared to some of the wizards we have on this forum. LOL!
    Project Healing Waters

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of your custom rods once you figure out how to post photos. Just realize you aren't allowed to upload photos directly from your computer to a thread. Instead you must use a third party site like PhotoBucket and then link from their or create a photo album on this site and then link from the album to your post. To link you use the little yellow icon that looks like a mountain picture that is located up at the top of the area where you type in comments.

Larry
    Larry

Welcome Frogg, hope you enjoy the site. I always ask the newcomers to be sure and check out the search feature. There is a treasure trove of cool discussions hidden in there from the past.

Have fun and waiting to hear of your fly fishing adventures!

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service. We have a summer cottage upstate by the West Canada.

USAF 66-68, Life Member DAV.

8. Likes frogg liked this post
    Blog Entries

welcome to the forum chris!
    sounds like you do allot of good charitable work.love that!
    you will certainly fit in great here with your tying/building experience.
    i second larry as to seeing some of your rods!
    looking forward to hearing/seeing more from you

casey

ARFE

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Chris

Blog Entries

Frogg....from a from a froggie....that's how the british call us cause we are frog eaters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast