hightide

Reaction score
Hello. I am from Houston, Texas. I mainly fish saltwater for specks and reds. I make my rods and tie my flies. I am 73 years of age now but I still get along fine most of the time. Besides fishing, rod building, and fly tying my interests are reading, gardening, cooking, and working out. I stay busy and enjoy life as much as possible. Hope to make some friends here.

Cheers, Ellis Mendiola (an old basque).

littledavid123

Reaction score
Hello Hightide and welcome to the forum, was surprised to see that hightide had not already been taken. I live in Arkansas but work and office out of Cuero, may have to work on an adventure together in one of the bays.

Dave

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Ellis: Welcome to the forum! Getting to fish for specks and reds can't be too bad of a gig. I'm looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

caseywise

Reaction score
welcome to the club:D
lots of good people here with lots of great knowledge.
looking forward to hearing and seeing more from you:cool:

casey

L

Liphookedau

Hi Ellis,from Australia,wemcome to NAFFF.
We have people from just about everywhere.
Brian

Last edited:

hightide

Reaction score
First of all, thank you (aussi, merci a vous, gracias a ustedes) for the warm welcome. Sorry, don't speak Basque (lol). Too many generations removed from the old country. Learned to speak a little French while stationed at Verdun in '63, Spanish from my grandparents. Enough of that. Our speckled trout would not survive in cold water. Every ten years or so we have a major fish kill due to cold weather. Most of the time the fishing is excellent in our bays. Winter fishing is great between fronts. I normally fish out of a 16 foot jon boat. I like to fish the shallow waters of the marshes. I don't fish as much as I used to. I have been looking for a pod of reds and I am getting old.