Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Jumping in

Default Jumping in

I have been a member of other BB for some time now but mostly for my upland hunting addiction. I am equally passionate about fly fishing and it occupies a large amount of my time and that is not including the hours dreaming about the next exotic trip or about the tie that the bass on my local pond can't refuse. My home waters are the Au Sable and Manistee rivers in upper middle of the Mitt where my cabin resides. I look forward to hanging with a bunch of fly guys when I am not so lucky to find myself on the water.

The view out my cabin window

I also like to fish out west

Hooked up on a flat is not a bad place to be

When on my home stream I love to fish at night.

Hope I can bring a little something to your day on occasion because I am sure I will receive a lot of info and inspiration from all of you.
    -Whirlpool

2. Likes mista_bob, imxer liked this post

Default Re: Jumping in

A lot of good folks hang out here and new members and their stories are always welcome.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum Whirlpool, good to have you posting with us. Those are great shots you've shared! In particular, the one from your cabin looks like heaven. Good first post
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

5. Likes imxer liked this post
    Blog Entries

welcome to the forum whirlpool
    looking forward to hearing more from you.....

casey

ARFE

Welcome! Beautiful view out your cabin window. Michigan is a very beautiful state.
    - William

Quote Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
    Welcome! Beautiful view out your cabin window. Michigan is a very beautiful state.
    You may recognize the picture of Cheesman Canyon on a January day about 5 weeks ago now. You have some beautiful water in Colorado, I will be back when there is no snow on the ground.

I read your profile and it seams you have fished some of the places I have. My cabin is on the South Branch and in the picture it has shelf ice covering about half the river

9. Likes williamhj liked this post

Arrow Re: Jumping in

That river shot is gorgeous! I'm loving the view from your cabin, too.

Quote Originally Posted by whirlpool View Post
    You may recognize the picture of Cheesman Canyon on a January day about 5 weeks ago now. You have some beautiful water in Colorado, I will be back when there is no snow on the ground.

I read your profile and it seams you have fished some of the places I have. My cabin is on the South Branch and in the picture it has shelf ice covering about half the river
    I have fished the South Branch, I can see why you love the cabin!

We do have some great water in Colorado, though flying back to Michigan in the summer I'm always struck by how green it is compared to here! I'm thankful to be able to fish in both places

The picture of Cheesman makes we want to get out there today
    - William

Welcome. You are going to enjoy the people on this forum.
    I've never been to Michigan or Minnesota, and the more photos and stories I hear about that area, the more I regret never having been there.

Blog Entries

whirlpool....thanks for the pics...think some are going to be a bit jealous