Hello from DC Metro

freak

Reaction score
Great forum you guys/gals have here. I've recently discovered a love for fly fishing and am fairy new to the sport. I've fished in Telluride CO (San Miguel) and near Snowbird UT (Lower Provo) while on skiing trips. I plan less golf and a lot more fly fishing this year.

Some pics from UT...

Wife's catch

Hope to contribute (or at least inject some humor) to the forum.

- Aaron

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Hi Aaron, welcome to the forum.:)

I'm from Utah so the pics are very familiar. Were you fishing with a Guide on the trip?

The reason I ask is because the pics are of The Weber River ("The Weeb") in an area around Coalville and taken by a 3rd person. I have a couple Guide friends that fish that water a lot and am wondering if you might have been with one of them.

How was your day there?

freak

Reaction score
Hi Aaron, welcome to the forum.:)

I'm from Utah so the pics are very familiar. Were you fishing with a Guide on the trip?

The reason I ask is because the pics are of The Weber River ("The Weeb") in an area around Coalville and taken by a 3rd person. I have a couple Guide friends that fish that water a lot and am wondering if you might have been with one of them.

How was your day there?
It was guided...I can't remember the name of the guide. It was in his late 20's and owned a snowmobile tour company (tours around Snowbird) as well. He was a fantastic guy. I also remember he drove a Nissan Xterra.

jimw

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and dont be afraid to get a little salty. There are some nice place to fish very close to DC and if you ever get to the eastern shore look me up.

jimw

Reaction score
Add my welcome and a question. Where in the DC area would you go for fly fishing?
Potomac river tidal fresh water runs right thru town Cheasepeke bay is only a few miles away, atlantic ocean is a 2 hr drive and several trout streams to the west

watson

Reaction score
The trailer of Urban Lines for any of you that havent seen it.:shades:
[ame=http://vimeo.com/57194663]Urban Lines - Fish Where You Are on Vimeo[/ame]

axle27

Reaction score
WAIT...do you live on the DC Metro or just one station?

freak

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and dont be afraid to get a little salty. There are some nice place to fish very close to DC and if you ever get to the eastern shore look me up.
Me and a few friends are headed the eastern shore next weekend. Going to Burley Oak Brewery and then Evolution Brewery. No time for fishing tho. :(

Add my welcome and a question. Where in the DC area would you go for fly fishing?
There are a few steams in the MoCo area in which I live. I'm going to do some recon work and see if I can't find me a nice quite spot. A few county parks have some opportunities, as well.

The trailer of Urban Lines for any of you that havent seen it.:shades:
Love that...The guys at Urban Angler in Alexandria Va turned me on to that.

fyshstykr

Reaction score
It was guided...I can't remember the name of the guide. It was in his late 20's and owned a snowmobile tour company (tours around Snowbird) as well. He was a fantastic guy. I also remember he drove a Nissan Xterra.

Yup, that would be one of the guys I know, his name is Kennie Garcia, good guy and a good Guide.:)