New Guy: Boston Fly Fisherman & Author

walsh70

Reaction score
Hey what's up people? It's Kevin Walsh in Wellesley, MA. I'm a new member and love to fly fish. I belong to a small fly fishing club that's as much about hanging out and having a cold one than it is about the fishing. Nothing fancy at all. It's just right. I also wrote a book that will be released very soon. I'll tell you the title later but Think A River Runs Through It meets Saving Private Ryan. I'll later post a summarized version of it, but I won't plug obnoxiously because that's well... obnoxious. I work in the television sports world and I'm in New York right now covering the Bruins and Rangers Stanley Cup Eastern Conference Semifinals. Playoff hockey is cutting into my fishing time, but these are wonderful problems to have. You'd be surprised how many NHLers love to fish. I saw someone else post about how they prefer to hunt fish than to feed deer. I understand that. The hunting and stalking of fish get me going as much as the catch. There's just something very primitive about it. So that's my hello. Don't be a stranger.

Last edited:

mikel

Reaction score
do hockey players fish in the off season? Oh wait...they just play all year. Do the playoffs go til October?

welcome...can't wait to read about sneaking fly rods onto Omaha Beach

walsh70

Reaction score
do hockey players fish in the off season? Oh wait...they just play all year. Do the playoffs go til October?

welcome...can't wait to read about sneaking fly rods onto Omaha Beach
Yes the NHL lockout has pushed the season back. But it'll be a new season by the time October rolls around. Hockey players have the life. Hockey, golf & fishing. And they're very interested in sharing their lives away from their living. How nice.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

You from Philly? Me too, born and raised before moving to Boston. Can't even begin to tell you how much I miss cheesesteaks and hoagies. Good fishing in PA if you know where to go.

caseywise

Reaction score
hey welcome to the forum.
although i'm not really a hockey guy,
i live just outside of chicago and people are
hockey crazy around here:D

casey

walsh70

Reaction score
Well if the Bruins and Blackhawks advance to the Stanley Cup Finals, I'll be out in Chicago covering it... and possibly catching up with the in laws... possibly.

Reaction score
Yes the NHL lockout has pushed the season back. But it'll be a new season by the time October rolls around. Hockey players have the life. Hockey, golf & fishing. And they're very interested in sharing their lives away from their living. How nice.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

You from Philly? Me too, born and raised before moving to Boston. Can't even begin to tell you how much I miss cheesesteaks and hoagies. Good fishing in PA if you know where to go.
Just a transplant, from Ireland, via Texas....

theboz

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum ! Fly Fishing Sports guy I like that !

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

And the cold ones are a bonus!

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Kevin,

I have sent both an e-mail to our business office and a PM to our editor and will be in touch soon. In the mean time enjoy the site,

Ard