Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Apperently I missed a tradition here

Default Apperently I missed a tradition here

I've actually been posting a few weeks but I never did the introduction thing.

Name is Eric, I've fish all my life but avoided Flyfishing because I felt I just couldn't afford another expensive hobby.

Still, something talked me into buying a rod and reel a couple of years ago (WW Grigg 5/6 wt, and an Okuma reel) which I stuck in a closet and never took out because every time I went fishing I was short on time and I didn't want to spending it trying to learn to flyfish.

Early last month I had a 5 day trip to the White Mountains in eastern AZ and I decided that it was time to learn to flyfish but before that I wanted some practice so I bought a 7'6" TFO 3 wt so I could practice by fishing for bluegills in our urban ponds, and then after some research I bought an 8'6" Redington CT 4wt for some of the smaller lakes in the whites. (See why I needed to avoid this hobby?) ahd then I spent 5 days fishing every creek, lake, river I had time to and now I'm hooked.

I've taken a couple casting classes and lately my obsession is small creek fishing.

Default Re: Apperently I missed a tradition here

Welcome Bug.

Blog Entries

Been seeing your posts Eric but now that you've made it official, Hi.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Welcome Eric.

Your obsession is a good one! Your 7'6" 3 wt. should serve you well on the smaller creeks.

Pocono

Welcome to the Forum Eric...

Dan

Welcome Eric, glad to see Im not the only one that cant stop himself when a new hobby is picked up.
    Im also that way with tools. But, I just tell the wife, "I need it for work hon."
    Havent quite figured out how to tie my fishing obsession in w/mechanic work though. Someday........
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cattech89 View Post
    Welcome Eric, glad to see Im not the only one that cant stop himself when a new hobby is picked up.
    Im also that way with tools. But, I just tell the wife, "I need it for work hon."
    Havent quite figured out how to tie my fishing obsession in w/mechanic work though. Someday........
    Seth: That was funny, but I think we all have the addiction, just can't get enough fishing in or fishing equipment! LOL!

Eric: Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post your trip reports we all like to hear about each other's fishing trips, photos are a bonus. I'd love to see what those small streams in the White Mtns look like.

Larry

Blog Entries

Eric...from across the pond.