Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New in Michigan

1. Default New in Michigan

Hi, I have been a member for about 3 months but just submitted my first post so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been Fly Fishing for many years and have pretty much given up spin fishing. I also have been building fly rods for a few years and just am finishing up my man cave so I plan to start tying this coming winter. I don't fish as much as I would like with one kid playing Soccer and the other Fencing, but when I can I will make a trek to a local river about a half hour away. My favorite place to fish is the Upper Manistee between Kalkaska and Grayling. My goal now that the kids are getting older is to make it up to the Western U.P. but it is about a 9 hour drive from where I live.

2. Likes williamhj, mcnerney, jaybo41 liked this post

Default Re: New in Michigan

Welcome to our fine forum..........
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Blog Entries

Drgreen: Welcome to the forum! I totally understand how a family can eat into your free time so getting out and wetting a line can be tough, but enjoy those children they will be all grown up and gone before you know it.
    Larry

5. Likes yonder liked this post
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, great to have you posting with us.
    ~*~Leave only your footprints~*~

Blog Entries

Hello,

Of all the places I have been, of all those that I wanted to go and never made it there are a few that persist in the mind in the latter group. The Fox- Two Hearted and Tahquamenon Rivers are those that may well remain a mystery to me. If I were but 9 hours away I would go. You better go fish the haunts of Hemingway so that you don't end up like myself.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

8. Likes yonder liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Hello,

Of all the places I have been, of all those that I wanted to go and never made it there are a few that persist in the mind in the latter group. The Fox- Two Hearted and Tahquamenon Rivers are those that may well remain a mystery to me. If I were but 9 hours away I would go. You better go fish the haunts of Hemingway so that you don't end up like myself.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard
    Absolutely.........now is the time.......what you experience today, can be passed on to your children and grandchildren.........this tends to turn a momentary experience into a generational experience.....get my drift???
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton