Greeting from a Texas Newbie

lefty76

Reaction score
Hello ya'll...
I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I flyfished 10 or 12 years ago, but have been out of the game since then. I am relocating to Dallas from Houston and since duckhunting season is over, I thought I would take on another hobby... So here I am. I'll mainly be fishing for bass around Dallas and redfish on the coast. I'm looking forward to joining the ranks and learning about the sport. I'll conduct plenty of searches before I bug ya'll with too many questions. Thanks
Chris

Frank Whiton

Most Senior Member
Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. You have some very good water around Dallas and up to Texoma. I lived in Lewisville at one time.

Don't be bashful about asking questions. That is what the forum is all about.

Frank

fyshstykr

Reaction score
Hello Chris,
Glad you joined us here, and like Frank said 'don't be bashful', jump right in the water is fine.:)

BigCliff

Reaction score
Welcome to the group. I think its fair to say that the Dallas area is a bit better for fly fishing than the Houston area.

Studakas

Reaction score
Welcome. I am in Tyler about 90 miles East of Dallas, but lived there for about 37 years befroe coming back home to Tyler. I have not fished but once since taking the fly fishing course but do plan on starting again soon. I fish Tyler State park and the Neches River.

I like to tease the brim at tyler State Park with my fly fishing.
Studakas

lefty76

Reaction score
Tylers not too far from where I'm going to be, we're moving to Royse City, about 45 minuted east of Dallas. Tyler is a nice area, I graduated from SFA, and drove through there all the time heading to school.

BigCliff

Reaction score
Royse City gives you a great headstart on going to fish the LMFR, much shorter trip from where I am.

lefty76

Reaction score
whats the big deal about lmfr? I read some threads about it, but I'm not sure what it is really...