meathelmet

Reaction score
Evening,

I have been hit by the bug hard and now totally into fly fishing......I started out about 15 years ago when my wife bought me a Scientfic Anglers "starter kit". Since I have been fishing for 30 plus years..."how hard could fly fishing be?"

I found out real quick and put my fly rod and reel away. Fast forward to three months ago and found someone willing to expose my neanderthal casts and showed me how enjoyable and fun fly fishing is.

I live in Northwest Ohio but spend most of my fishing in the great state of Michigan.

I am looking forward to all the tips and tricks you guys and gals are willing to pass on .......

Last edited by a moderator:

williamhj

Reaction score
Welcome! Great forum here. Glad you enjoy fishing the land shaped like a hand :) Have you discovered fly fishing for bass in Ohio?

meathelmet

Reaction score
Welcome! Great forum here. Glad you enjoy fishing the land shaped like a hand :) Have you discovered fly fishing for bass in Ohio?
Yes! I love to fish for large mouth and smallies. I have been surprised and the advice and generosity of fellow fly fishermen. Some have sent me poppers and wooly buggers to get started.

I was also blessed when someone gave me an ORVIS rod with case.

Ed

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Lots of great info on this site, spend sometime browsing and using the search function, but don't hesitate to ask questions, lots of great guys and gals here that are more than willing to help you out!

Larry