Hi from NW Connecticut

oldnewguy

Reaction score
Hi!

I got back into fly fishing last July after a 10 year layoff. Took an Orvis 101 class which was held down the road from me, by the Blackberry River.

I learned a lot.....got some new gear and have been whipping the water to a froth! :)

I have tons to learn and am looking forward to being an active member of this forum.

Joe

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Joe: Welcome to the forum and it is great to have you back fly fishing!
Looking forward to your participation and hearing about your fly fishing in your area.

Larry

oldnewguy

Reaction score
Thanks Dave and Larry.......Larry, niiiiiiice fish!!!!

I've learned so much in the last few months that my head is gonna bust! :)

The best part is I've got all kinds of different fishing options here, and I mean right here. In ten minutes, I could walk to a trout management river that is stocked with 9,000 trout each year (6,000 yearlings). Everything from pasture pools to white water. It's about 6 miles long, starting from springs up in the mountains. The mountain rises 1,200ft above the river(It's the view from my house).

There are two lakes in the next town stocked with trout and salmon with a river stocked with trophy trout bordering our two towns.

Where do I start? :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Joe

oldnewguy

Reaction score
Thanks Eddie!

You certainly don't have to go far for some great waters.

Do you have a favorite "home" stream or lake?

Joe

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Dave and Larry.......Larry, niiiiiiice fish!!!!

I've learned so much in the last few months that my head is gonna bust! :)

The best part is I've got all kinds of different fishing options here, and I mean right here. In ten minutes, I could walk to a trout management river that is stocked with 9,000 trout each year (6,000 yearlings). Everything from pasture pools to white water. It's about 6 miles long, starting from springs up in the mountains. The mountain rises 1,200ft above the river(It's the view from my house).

There are two lakes in the next town stocked with trout and salmon with a river stocked with trophy trout bordering our two towns.

Where do I start? :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Joe
Joe: Sounds like you live in a great location to hone your fly fishing skills, have fun and best of luck!

Larry

ctshooter

Reaction score
Welcome Joe

I'm right down the road from you, walking distance to East branch of the Naugatuck.

Just got "into" fly fishing after trying poorly to learn some time ago.

Always open to meeting new people and exploring new fishing holes, I have always wanted to hit up the Blackberry.

Feel free to get hold of me

John

oldnewguy

Reaction score
Welcome Joe

I'm right down the road from you, walking distance to East branch of the Naugatuck.

Just got "into" fly fishing after trying poorly to learn some time ago.

Always open to meeting new people and exploring new fishing holes, I have always wanted to hit up the Blackberry.

Feel free to get hold of me

John
Larry, that's exactly what I've been doing, each trip I work on one situation and method at a time......didn't catch many fish from the beginning, but as I got better the fishing got better too. :)

JPBFLY......It's not much fun when the worms kept flying off the hook on the back casts...................

Sounds good to me John.......did I meet you in Torrington at the TU Xmas party in Dec.??

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Joe

Eddie....The Housy may be a little to big for this old guy.....not as strong as I used to be. With the Blackberry across the street, I figure it might be another year or two before I've explored the whole thing.