Hello from New York

bigfish79

Reaction score
I'm a surfcaster who spends many a night roaming the Long Island beaches fishing for the elusive striped bass but recently caught the fly bug when I took my first trip to Salmon River, NY for Steelhead fly fishing. I'm here to learn and improve my fly fishing skills.

And my dream fly fishing trip would be to Christmas Island for GTs.

siege

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum !
I love it here..... It's like the Radio Shack of fishing. You got questions, we got answers. There are very knowledgeable people here who will gladly share that knowledge. Ask lots of questions, and also share your wisdom and experience, too.
It's an awesome forum with awesome members, glad that you're one of them now :)

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Bigfish, lots of good people hang out here, from all persuasions and fly fishing experience levels. Feel free to ask questions and don't forget try out the search feature, lots of good info hidden in there. One of our members is holding a raffle this month to promote his blog and guiding service in Alaska and the prizes are two great teaching books on fly fishing. All you have to do is go to the site I have posted below and just say "Hello" and no you won't be getting spam but there is lot of great stories on his blog site.

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/f...64-february-raffle-life-line-fly-fishing.html

Dave

gzarboni

Reaction score
:welcome: Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. Ask lots of questions and you will get great advice. I also like to fish the Salmon river in NY. If you are looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I am sure we can meet up somewhere. I will be going in April for steelhead.
Glen

bigfish79

Reaction score
Welcome to the Asylum! I'm told I'm kept in Ward 3 but the door is locked so not really sure.

Would love to join you chasing some 'bones' in warm water. Odd off as it may sound I've never fished for warm water fish.

Fred
Fred,

There is no bone fishing NE where I am...you have to go south. But it is on my to-do list.

-BigFish

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

:welcome: Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. Ask lots of questions and you will get great advice. I also like to fish the Salmon river in NY. If you are looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I am sure we can meet up somewhere. I will be going in April for steelhead.
Glen
I was there in November for the first time and I fell in love...what a beautiful place. I'll be up there couple of times this year, already have 4 days booked during September for some Salmon fishing and few days in December for Steelhead. I

-BigFish

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

sandfly

Reaction score
Welcome bigfish,
from one old surfcaster to another never forget your roots at the beach. I fished joisey beaches and Maine to cape hatteras over the years. salmon is a great place but don't pass up the other rivers and streams throughout lake Ontario

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome to the Asylum! I'm told I'm kept in Ward 3 but the door is locked so not really sure.

Would love to join you chasing some 'bones' in warm water. Odd off as it may sound I've never fished for warm water fish.

Fred
??? I thought you were the doctor, cancel next Tuesdays appointment. :p

Dave

M

mridenour

Welcome to the forum! I'd like to get to the Salmon River one day.

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Not a 'Doctor' just three Master's Degrees. At 70 + some things will poop into your mind. Most of the time that will be an old Dog that wants to snuggle up.
Two of my TV's have just gone titt's up. how to fix??
Got them fixed; flaked out on the couch watching a soccer match. When I can stay awake. Sweet Jesus I don't ever remember being this tired. Well once, but that was 50 years ago. You took turns sleeping.

M

mridenour

Mridenour when ever you want to come to NY just PM me and we can get together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I get a chance to make it this year it will be in the fall. I'm considering taking a week long salmon/brown excursion and could maybe get as far as New York. I have to see how it all plays out. Will definitely keep you posted.

bigfish79

Reaction score
If I get a chance to make it this year it will be in the fall. I'm considering taking a week long salmon/brown excursion and could maybe get as far as New York. I have to see how it all plays out. Will definitely keep you posted.
I'll be up at Salmon River in September too so maybe we can catch up if we all end up there at the same time. :fishing: