Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Hello from New York

I'm a surfcaster who spends many a night roaming the Long Island beaches fishing for the elusive striped bass but recently caught the fly bug when I took my first trip to Salmon River, NY for Steelhead fly fishing. I'm here to learn and improve my fly fishing skills.

And my dream fly fishing trip would be to Christmas Island for GTs.

2. Likes siege, theboz liked this post

Default Re: Hello from New York

Welcome to the forum !
    I love it here..... It's like the Radio Shack of fishing. You got questions, we got answers. There are very knowledgeable people here who will gladly share that knowledge. Ask lots of questions, and also share your wisdom and experience, too.
    It's an awesome forum with awesome members, glad that you're one of them now
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege

Welcome to the forum Bigfish, lots of good people hang out here, from all persuasions and fly fishing experience levels. Feel free to ask questions and don't forget try out the search feature, lots of good info hidden in there. One of our members is holding a raffle this month to promote his blog and guiding service in Alaska and the prizes are two great teaching books on fly fishing. All you have to do is go to the site I have posted below and just say "Hello" and no you won't be getting spam but there is lot of great stories on his blog site.

February Raffle from Life On The Line Fly Fishing;

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

5. Likes bigfish79 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. Ask lots of questions and you will get great advice. I also like to fish the Salmon river in NY. If you are looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I am sure we can meet up somewhere. I will be going in April for steelhead.
    Glen

"The Fishing was good, it was the catching that was bad"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/

7. Likes littledavid123, bigfish79 liked this post
    Blog Entries

to the forum....great place to learn

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Welcome to the Asylum! I'm told I'm kept in Ward 3 but the door is locked so not really sure.

Would love to join you chasing some 'bones' in warm water. Odd off as it may sound I've never fished for warm water fish.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Welcome to the forum, great place, great people, enjoy
    Eddie
    "We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilisation."
    Voltaire

Blog Entries

Bigfish: Welcome to the forum! Great to have you aboard.

Larry
    Larry

Welcome,

I just found this forum too.

Joe

13. Default Re: Hello from New York

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    Welcome to the Asylum! I'm told I'm kept in Ward 3 but the door is locked so not really sure.

Would love to join you chasing some 'bones' in warm water. Odd off as it may sound I've never fished for warm water fish.

Fred
    Fred,

There is no bone fishing NE where I am...you have to go south. But it is on my to-do list.

-BigFish

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by gzarboni View Post
    Welcome aboard. This is a great place to learn. Ask lots of questions and you will get great advice. I also like to fish the Salmon river in NY. If you are looking for someone to fish with give me a shout. I am sure we can meet up somewhere. I will be going in April for steelhead.
    Glen
    I was there in November for the first time and I fell in love...what a beautiful place. I'll be up there couple of times this year, already have 4 days booked during September for some Salmon fishing and few days in December for Steelhead. I

-BigFish

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast