New member from OZ.

oz angler

Reaction score
Hello from Australia,
I recently joined the forum. I live and work in rural fringe town about 60kms NE of Melbourne in Victoria. I'm fortunate in that there is very good trout fishing in the local creeks, even the one that runs through the town centre. I occasionally drive an hour or so for the all day "expedition" but the local waters keep me more than happy. I mostly fly fish but sometimes cast a lure when lake fishing when the trout are taunting me just out of my fly casting range! Looking forward to browsing the forum.
Cheers,
Steve.

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Steve: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to your participation, lots of great folks on this site to talk fly fishing with.

Larry

L

Liphookedau

Hi Steve.
From another Aussie whose been around here for a quite a few years Welcome also you will find this is about The Friendliest Forum on The Net & as we say all The Guys here are really Top Blokes & The Women are also Beaut.

Unfortunately we don't have The Fishing as Good in our area & as close as you do.
Brian

oz angler

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Top Blokes and Beaut Women (or should that be Sheilas?)--what more could you ask for?
Cheers,
Steve.

PS Blokes and Sheilas are OZ terms for men and women and no disrespect is meant or intended with either word.

siege

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Steve !
I hope we hear a lot from you on your fishing adventures. Sounds like you live in fishing heaven. This is a very friendly forum, with members from all over the globe. Using your local terms won't offend anyone here, most of us enjoy a little local color.
Glad to have you join us !

oz angler

Reaction score
G'Day siege,

Thanks for the welcome, much appreciated.
The longer I live in my town, the more I come across fishing opportunities close to home. Every little creek or run that I drive over gets checked out. Some spots are quite isolated and the thought sometimes crosses my mind "What if I slipped while wading and broke a leg or whatever?" The usual reaction to this is "I'll just try around the next bend, first!".
You wrote that I seem to live in fishing heaven. I'm just making best use of what have in my own backyard. Do you have any places near home that you dont consider just because they are close to home? You may be surprised.
Cheers,
Steve.

M

mridenour

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to hearing about the other side of the world.

runningfish

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Oz.
I used to study and live in Perth, WA for 2 years. I missed the time drinking Emu Bitter while watching the West Coast Eagles vs Fremantle Dockers at the Subiaco Oval with my best friend there.

The fishing is always good in this forum Oz.