Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Default What A Great Choice Of Forums!

I joined about 10 days ago and leapt right in when I saw so many great topics.
    My wife and I retired to CO almost two years ago, after longing to be out here for almost 35 years.
    Fly fishing has been a love of mine for at least 40 years, and it has driven a lot of our choices about where to live. Early on we had a home in the Catskills of NY and the opportunity to fish the Beaverkill, Willowemoc, various branches of the Delaware. Very fortunate to get to know some of the early pioneers of fly fishing.
    We later moved to the Keys and did a lot of saltwater fly fishing for about 10 years. Never took up tying flies, but greatly appreciate the art form and those that do it so well.
    The best thing about this sport is the aesthetics...being to spend so much time soaking in Mother Natures art and sounds. Glad to be a part of what is such an interesting group. Roy

2. Likes troutfanatic, mcnerney, jbird liked this post

Default Re: What A Great Choice Of Forums!

Welcome to the forum Roy! From what I have seen it's a great group of fly fishermen and women on here and there is a ton of knowledge to be passed around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Roy: Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have experienced some great fly fishing over the years, looking forward to having you participate in the discussions.

Larry
    Larry

Hi Roy Welcome.
    You Don't know what your Missing not Tying Flies as you can always Tie them to suit The Insects Grubs etc however on The other Hand It could work out Cheaper as All Us Fly Tying Nuts really couldn't tell you how much we have spent on Gear & Materials over The Years.
    Brian.

And it's always about the gear. And too many other hobbies like photography. When it comes to tying flies, I found that I just can't sit still long enough to get anything done lol.

Great place welcome and enjoy
    R Reese

Welcome Roy! Look forward to having you around. this is a very friendly forum!
    Hand crafted wood fly boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by just4grins View Post
    The best thing about this sport is the aesthetics...being to spend so much time soaking in Mother Natures art and sounds. Glad to be a part of what is such an interesting group. Roy
    Great sentiment, Roy, I feel the same way. Glad to have you here. Stop in often !
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege