Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mostly new

Default Mostly new

I've been a member awhile but haven't introduced myself. My wife & I recently moved to Dillon, MT from the midwest for semi-retirement after vacationing in this part of the world since 1971. The plan was/is to work part time as a veterinarian to support my fishing habit. Unfortunately, between the weather & calving season, I've only fished 1 1/2 hours the first 10 weeks we've been here. That'll change! I'll also be looking for Ruffed Grouse habitat come fall, now that my surgically fused ankle will allow me to walk in the timber. I look forward to more news & pictures from all the members, particularly any Purdue Boilermakers!
    Dave

2. Likes ejsell, mcnerney, Ard, N/A, fredaevans, pm287 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mostly new

Dave: Welcome to the forum! You certainly picked a great location for retirement, once that happens, now to figure out how to get to semi-retirement!

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Hey Dave,

You are off on the good foot here by making an introduction and letting people know where you are at. it's hard to believe how many folks we get joining and then asking questions about fishing without considering that location means so much when it comes to replies.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you post often enough so we don't forget that you're here

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

5. Likes mcnerney, lv2nymph liked this post
    mridenour Guest

Awesome plan! Welcome to the forum. Find a lot of good spots to fish so you can share them with me next time I visit that area!

7. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Subject to correction here but I think one of our most established members lives in Dillon. Nothing beats local info, cups of coffee (well maybe a adult quaff), and a road map.

Welcome!

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Hey dude, you have no excuses any more......there is a package on the way to help get you into fishing. Heard a rumor the skwala hatch may start this weekend. Oh and a little something for the boss.

Peaches

p.s. nice thumbnail photo above
    Thanks and have a great day
    Paul Mohler......Be safe out there

Dave, welcome to the forum! The members are a valuable resource, across the country, in giving advice and help. Especially recently, on a trip to a new area. I love fishing new areas, but the learning curve can be discouraging unless you hire a guide.
    Keep in touch!
    Rick

Welcome! Thanks for saying hello.
    - William

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Hey Dave,

it's hard to believe how many folks we get joining and then asking questions about fishing without considering that location means so much when it comes to replies.

Ard
    This is very true, especially given the fact it's country & more wide in here. I think it's easy to think that everybody's in "your neck of the woods". Good to hear about you, welcome aboard.
    There is a need to fish, to be in the water. It soothes the soul.

Welcome to the forum, Dave. You picked a great place to settle down. You are in "striking distance" of some great fishing water, and interesting western history. Enjoy !
    " I'm just a cook " Casey Ryback, Under Siege