Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Hike and Fish

1. Default Hike and Fish

Hello all, my name is Joe, and I just wanted to introduce myself, and pose a question.
    So for the intro, as I said my name is Joe, I live in Mid Mo and have been here for a couple of years. I have a terrible addiction to most things fly fishing, and duck hunting. I have been doing both for much of my life and have had the opportunity t do both in some pretty incredible places. I just stated tying my own flies and I am terrible at it, but enjoy it . I look forward to speaking with you all more about all of the above!
    On to my question: I have a strong desire to plan and go on a backpacking/fly fishing trip, preferable in MO. I would like to do maybe a 15-20 mile loop hike that was along a wadeable river or that crosses some nice streams. I am not picky about what is on the other end of the line, but if it could be smallmouth or trout that would be a huge plus. Thanks for fielding the question, and just thought i would give it a try, any suggestions?

2. Likes smilingduck liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hike and Fish

Mizzouducker: Welcome to the forum! I can't help with your question about hike MO, but hopefully you will get advice from other members with experience in that area.
    Larry

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hike and Fish

Welcome from another Mid-MO member.

Several good streams in south MO ...Meramec, Current, Jack's Fork, Eleven Point, Black and more; all float-able most of the year, plus some smaller streams that are wade-able. Missouri Dept of Cons. has maps showing trout and smallmouth streams with access points.

Not sure about the backpacking question. Can't do that anymore.

spm

5. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  6. Default Re: Hike and Fish

Thanks for the welcome and the info guys! Looking forward to getting this tripped planned.