Hello from Colorado

locollama

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm Jason. I've been a lurker for a little while and decided I should probably join. I'm just getting back into fly fishing this year after a back injury put me out of commision for several years. I went to school at Montana State in Bozeman (Trout U) to study engineering and that's when I was first exposed to fly fishing and completely fell in love. Needless to say, I spent more time studying trout and learning in Bozeman, I was very spoiled. I spent 6 glorious years attending and eventually even graduating, Trout U (why does the Mother's day hatch have to happen during finals week?) and several years after, pounding nails with a very expensive engineering degree just so I could stay in Bozeman. I now reside in Colorado Springs with my wife and daughter and I'm just starting to explore the front range fly fishing opportunities. This is a fantastic community with a wealth of knowledge and I'm looking forward to being a part of it and learning as much as I can, and hopefully, catching a fish or two!

airborne 82nd

Reaction score
Hello
Welcome , sounds like youve got some great areas to fish , i look forward to youre experiance and contributions , sounds like you understand trout , great group here enjoy
Airborne ( David )

spm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Jason. Glad to have you with us. Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures and sharing ideas with you.

steve

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Jason
Welcome to the forum!
You will love Colorado Springs, I lived there for two years while in the Air Force, lots of great water nearby.

locollama

Reaction score
Welcome the forum!! Been a long time since I chased trout in your State; a real learning curve! But it did make me a better fisherman when it came to chasing Steelhead.

fae

Thanks Fred, I've never fished Oregon but the rivers look incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

Hello

Welcome , sounds like youve got some great areas to fish , i look forward to youre experiance and contributions , sounds like you understand trout , great group here enjoy

Airborne ( David )

Thanks for the welcome David. Whenever I think I start to understand trout it always seems it's actually the trout that have me figured out, they just occasionally take pity on me and play along. Thanks for your service.

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Welcome to the forum, Jason. Glad to have you with us. Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures and sharing ideas with you.

steve

Thanks Steve, is there anything better than regaling those around you with your fishing tales? Maybe listening to those of others, looking forward to hearing yours as well!

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Well I'm new too so I don't have much creditability yet, but hang in there with me.

Hey there, we were all new once and in this hobby, endeavor, adventure, obsession, etc. we never stop learning!

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Jason

Welcome to the forum!

You will love Colorado Springs, I lived there for two years while in the Air Force, lots of great water nearby.

Thank you for the welcome, I'm loving Colorado Springs so far! Thank you for your service.

scotty macfly

Reaction score
Jason, welcome to the forum and Colorado. You will soon find that the entire Front Range has so much diversities for fishing, as in, decent but moderate sized rivers, good sized creeks, lakes, ponds and small streams.

Hope you'll like it here.

just4grins

Reaction score
Jason, welcome aboard. Fly Fishing is a life long adventure of learning. The forum is a great way learn how to think outside the box.